Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #11 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Those pellets are not very good :o
The first couple ingredients should not have wheat it should be bugs something more natural... Try find the pellets I reccomended. The fish love them!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #12 
RubyFalls

Yeah I was doing twice a day just to make sure he doesn't starve. But I'll go once a day. But like I said I took out the uneaten pellets after a while. Do you think its ok to leave him in clouded water? I wanted to change his water again but I don't want to stress him out with moving to much. I know he's still getting used to the process of changing his water.
RubyFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #13 
RubyFalls

I will definitely do that. Thank you!
In the meantime, I have the food that came with the tank. It;s Hikari Tropical micro pellets. First four ingredients: Fish meal, krill meal, soybean meal, and flaked corn.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #14 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Not good either.... But I would keep up with the water changes as there will be an ammonia spike in your tank. This happened to me not so long ago and my girl got bad ammonia poisoning and large holes in her fins appeared over night they are still healing so just a warning to keep up with water changes. Good luck with your fish and soon you will have more than one!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #15 
veggiegirl

Yes be sure to give him a 100% water change as soon as possible, clouding of the water indicates possible ammonia spike as well as flourishing harmful bacteria. The only way to fix this is a 100% change. As long as he is acclimatized carefully when put back into his clean tank then he should be just fine.

I feed my bettas Hikari betta bio gold floating pellets and they love them, plus once I changed them onto these pellets my bettas seemed to also have increased life spans in general. Hikari is not a bad brand.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #16 
RubyFalls

That was actually nother question I had. I didn't realize my water actually has ammonia in it. So I don't know if I can just drop in this ammonia detoxifier I have or wait til I change his water. Or if I should just do another water change even though I just did one tonight.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #17 
RubyFalls

Will it stress him out doing a water change so soon? I just got him yesterday so I'm not great at getting him into the new container for the change.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #18 
veggiegirl

I would just do another water change because there may also be harmful bacteria in the water which the ammonia detoxify-er will not change. Also as far as I am aware the ammonia detoxify-er are not always that effective- at least that is what I have found anyway-
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #19 
RubyFalls

Mmk I will do that. Also as far as the water conditioning goes, my tank holds.... 32oz or water after I put in the gravel. I've been using 3 drops of conditioner. Is that an ok amount? should I do more more?
Also just to be safe with not using something thats been washed with dish soap I'm using the original container he is in. It's not a bag but a little plastic container. Is there a good way to get him in that?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #20 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Depends what kind of water conditioner you are using just follow the label.
Btw about the pellets what I said is just my opinion many different people will have different opinions.