Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #11 
Syriiven

I find dim people travel in groups. I had half a class of 40 that werent bright at all. It could've been a photograph and they'd still ask -facepalm-

I doodled all the time too. Slept through social, ditched science, doodled through everything else except of course art and video directing.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #12 
Fenghuang

You're most likely right. Still amazes me though. I can cut them some slack for not knowing what type of fish they were. But they did not even know they were fish. I don't think I draw that bad...

I hadn't taken any electives since freshmen year really (and that was because they were mandatory to graduate). All straight academic courses with slave drivers for teachers (cool teachers, but horrific workloads and deathly boring lectures most of the time) so you have to be sneaky about not paying attention. But I despise school art classes, or any type of creative class for that matter. I cannot stand being told what to draw or create.

I am serious about buying a commission, by the way. Your art is incredible.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #13 
Syriiven

=D That'd make my day, not many people actually pay me for my stuff xD And you have beautiful photos of your fish

I didn't do secondary, just highschool diploma. I took what the teacher wanted and 'expanded' on it. I never got less than 10/10. Often got bonus marks.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #14 
Perry the platypus

I want the wolf one!!!
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #15 
Fenghuang

I definitely will. I want to put beautiful, colourful artwork in my future dorm. As soon as I am out from under my parent's roof because they are that suspicious, paranoid type who make a huge deal out of me interacting with any one other family.

I am not really sure what secondary means... Is that university? I'm still in a high school where they force students to take art, business, and foreign language courses. Foreign language, I don't mind, but the art and business classes are horrible. I go to a enormous good district in a not so great area. We have anywhere from 600 to 700 kids a grade. Our advanced placement and honors classes have fairly rigid standards, but the electives are opened to all students from any year. Teachers have to dumb the cirriculums down and things never get done because so many kids just don't care.

I never get extra points in art. My teachers always gave me average marks. Never did well in art classes.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #16 
Skyewillow

just so you know, I hate both of you and your awesome art skills! <3 lol
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #17 
Perry the platypus

D: Me?
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #18 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
I definitely will. I want to put beautiful, colourful artwork in my future dorm. As soon as I am out from under my parent's roof because they are that suspicious, paranoid type who make a huge deal out of me interacting with any one other family.

I am not really sure what secondary means... Is that university? I'm still in a high school where they force students to take art, business, and foreign language courses. Foreign language, I don't mind, but the art and business classes are horrible. I go to a enormous good district in a not so great area. We have anywhere from 600 to 700 kids a grade. Our advanced placement and honors classes have fairly rigid standards, but the electives are opened to all students from any year. Teachers have to dumb the cirriculums down and things never get done because so many kids just don't care.

I never get extra points in art. My teachers always gave me average marks. Never did well in art classes.
Mmmm, I see. No, our school system in Canada is much more lax. Secondary is college/university. Only the highest students can request stuff like business or advanced courses, and that's only if they are seriously outpacing their classes and have already skipped grades.

Otherwise school here is really laid back compared to a school like yours. But there are school in the States where they have people preparing for college/university starting in grade 10. I can't really imagine that workload, and do't imagine I would've gotten far. I hate homework, especially about boring stuff. Though depending on where you are alters what classes are available. I know a friend in Seattle, WA who hates her biology class because it actually deals with trips to the Aquarium there and deals with actual sea creature assignments. I would've killed for a class like that, but I'm in the prairie so no field trips cept one to the river to collect scum and algae.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #19 
Fenghuang

Yeah, but our school doesn't really prepare students for college or university. We have AP ("college-level" classes) classes, but my school district is severely poor and hampered by inefficent bureaucracy and organization. If a student needs guidance or advice on planning for the future, they are on their own. That's why all the advanced students in my school stick together and are like a family, despite still being in competition with each other (since we rank).

I would love field trips like that too. But it's nearly impossible for trips to be approved here, even if they are educational. And when they do, they are usually after school or on the weekends and the students and teachers have to raise funds themselves for transportion and everything else.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #20 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oh my gosh syriiven. I want either one of these that I can frame or a poster. How much?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perry spams tags, tattoo tribal