So I know a lot of people recommend QTing plants, but it seems that QTing plants is usually more for preventing snails than for preventing disease, but it seems that lots of people actually like pond snails, and it sounds like they may be hard to get rid of, so I'm wondering if it is really worth the trouble of trying to get rid of them. I have a few questions...
1. Can they potentially harm live plants or my bettas?
2. How do they affect the bio-load? (This one is my biggest concern.)
3. Easiest way to keep them under control? (If I got an assassin snail, how would that affect the bio-load?)
4. Easiest way to rid them while QTing plants if I decide to do that?
5. What if my bettas try to attack or eat them?
And 6. Any and all other pros and cons that are not listed in the first four questions?
P.S. I am planning on getting these live plants for a ten gallon tank with regular gravel that will have a cycled filter and 6 female bettas. I'm not sure if the tank size makes a difference.
I've never had live plants or snails before so I am completely lost so please do not assume I know anything already :p thank you! :)