Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #1 
Noobalva

Talking My NPT. Thoughts?

So i JUST finished setting up my NPT.

Tell me what you guys think....completely behemoths over my 2.5 gal lol, Sherlock's gonna love it.

Noobalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #2 
Hadoken Kitty

Looks awesome!!! What size is it?
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #3 
Noobalva

Lol oh...ya some details would be nice huh? xD

Its a 26 gallon aqueon bow front; put a fluval c3 filter in it. Used Miracle gro organic potting soil and the Plants are:

Giant Hygro(red)
Hygro Pinnatifida
Ech. Tenellus
Tropical Lilacina
Crypt Wendtii(red)
Ambulia
Java moss and java fern
Cabomba(red)
Wisteria
Medium Amazon Sword(or probably just young lol)

Also gonna have a marino moss ball and hornwort(floating) in there when i transfer Sherlock from the 2.5.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #4 
Fishybitty

Oh wow, a lot of room there! I bet he will love it. Looks good!
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #5 
aemaki09

I have that same tank! both of them actually! Only my 26 didnt come with a hood and its impossible to find a versa top or anything to buy for it, so I have to keep it open-topped with my sorority girls.

I think it looks really nice though! I've heard that you are supposed to have about 75% of the ground covered in an NPT with mostly fast growing stem plants to start with just to make it easier on you, but I'm not sure how accurate that information is.

What lighting is that? I have one of those aqueon flourescent strips with a t-8 15w on mine, and while its bright enough to keep the plants alive, I dont notice any spectacular growth, which is why I'm wondering if you have something better on yours!

Goodluck with it! I'm dying to turn my tanks into NPT's but I dont have the time to spend on setting them up all over again right now. I would love to hear about your progress!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #6 
Noobalva

Talking

Lol yea they make great tanks imo...i bought this one as a package deal at my local petsmart, was just over $100.

Came wih the hood, 30 gal pump(which im gonna give away) lol, anything needed to get started and a full spectrum aqueon florescent light...i might buy a better one cuz i assume they only give you the minimum light requirement for plants, so we'll see; gonna keep an eye and see how my plants do then i'll decide. (EDIT: the internets says it comes with an Aqueon T8 daylight lamp, so probably same as yours Aemaki)

And yea it took me the whole day to set it up, started at 3:30pm and went all the way till 10pm lol, my gf just sat and laughed at my labour all day. So it does take some time.

But yea, i'd also love to share how i do. I'll be sure to keep you posted then...i'm kinda nervous tho, hope all my plants do good. Thanks for the compliments tho, all of you.

Last edited by Noobalva; 02-15-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #7 
louisvillelady

Looks great! What a spoiled little fishy you will have! Lol are you planning on any tank mates?

Just a small suggestion, which you may already know, get some iron for your cript wendlii. All red plants use lots of iron. Can't wait to see how it looks in a couple months when they start growing out! I love NPT
louisvillelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #8 
aemaki09

Yeah that's probably the same light as me, it's 6500k so that's a good thing, but only 15w so the highest light plants you can grow would be moderate without changing the bulb.

Yeah 7 hours is something I don't have time for unless I got up before the sun rises or possibly a Sunday if I could get home early enough.

Definitely keep us updated :)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #9 
Noobalva

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisvillelady View Post
Looks great! What a spoiled little fishy you will have! Lol are you planning on any tank mates?
Well i was hoping to get Endler's Livebeaerer(cuz i love their look), but im gonna go with my 2nd choice, Cardinal Tetra (10 of them), cuz my LPSs don't carry Endler's and im not up for breeding them if i order online, want all males.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #10 
Caii

Wow! Sherlock's going to absolutely love it! ^^

That looks great~ keep us posted!
Caii is offline   Reply With Quote