Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #1 
Renzia

*Giant Facepalm* Petco rescue!

Went to Petco today to get some airstones... and the new... Not sure what you call them.. the Undergravel filter cartridge replacements for one of my filters... decided to allow myself to look at the bettas there, make sure they were all in good shape (Petco has these... huge containers. I was happy for that.) And they all looked pretty good. they even had... *gasp* BABY Bettas! So tempting... so I stood there for a good 15-30 minutes staring at them all. Decided: What if i get a female... x.x oh gods nuh uh... can't deal with that temptation... So i go and look at all the others and Dun dun DUN!.... King Male Betta... staring right at me. following me with : *THE EYES* .... I was doomed right then and there. I picked his cup up and noticed it had a crack in it... and had some nasty gunk on the inside as well... poor boy didn't move when i picked his cup up either. Saw a chunk out of his tail and what looked like the beginning of fin rot... aaand whelp... He came home with me. I could not say no. He seems to be the wild type... i guess you call it that? Brownish with black and red and Iridescence?

Pictures to come :3 I also recieved my HMPK Fancy boy from polukoff today! Pictures of him to come too. !
Renzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #2 
ChibiShishou

Smile

Congrats on the surprise rescue! Can't wait to see your new babies
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #3 
MoonShadow

Awwww can't wait to see him!! I wouldn't have been able to walk away either!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #4 
Hail0788

Aww I'm glad you saved him. The petco here is pretty good of taking care of their bettas. It's rare if you see a sick betta or one with a torn fin. Petco is where I got 3 out of 4 of my girls. Plus I got my baby from there too who was missing one of its ventral fins. I've had my baby for 3 weeks now and the fin is already growing back. :)
Hail0788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #5 
Renzia

Yeah, This particular Petco is really really a good store. The people are friendly and they take care of their fish. I have Never seen one in bad condition (like near dead condition.) at this particular store. They had a ton of bettas and there was only one other there that looked like it was in need of a cup cleaning. I'm letting Sessho and Rio settle in for a while, before i take pictures.. (that and i need to set up this tank ... whoops... DX
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #6 
Hail0788

Lol I can't wait to see. :)
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #7 
Renzia

HOOKAY! I now have a love/hate relationship with putting in dividers... (grumble grumble) Mainly because i cannot put them in straight...and I have tanks that have the lip ontop for like a hood and light (Reminds me i still have to clean those and figure out how these heaters work... they are the older Topfin ones.. heard bad and good things about em but... i do NOT want my fish to fry... so they live in the lower 70's water, and seem to enjoy that.... anyways i am rambling ><)

So. Got the tank Done, Divided, Decorated.... aaand... well you will see. INFLUX OF PICTURES! XD (oh and pardon the color of the gravel... it came with the tanks.. and I thoroughly washed it... imma mix some black in there or something..)

Here's Rio (King Betta) and Sessho (my new arrival from polukoff.) :3

(Also please please PLEASE excuse the 'brita' on the containers.. they are big pitchers and i swear i washed them >< its all i have until tomorrow when the tank is ready to be inhabited... )

Also: HEHE! I got Sessho to flare a bit! (horrid photo.. horrid container to try to get a good flare photo as it curves... but hey...)

I tried to get Rio to flare, and he just... stared.. at the mirror...O-O Did.. not care. I think he actually liked looking at himself in the mirror XD He is gorgeous now, a nice bronze color :3

-just noticed she rambled... again..- OOPS..
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #8 
Hail0788

Omg! They are beautiful! I love your tank too. :)
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #9 
aemaki09

Wow, those boys are GORGEOUS!

The only thing I suggest, which isn't mandatory at all, is giving them more plants to hide in. Sometimes they want to be able to get away from their neighbors
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #10 
Renzia

Heh! Thanks everyone ^^ Hopefully the King will fatten up a bit and Sessho will grow :3