Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 
ao
TFK Moderator

CONTEST: "So you need some plants?"

Hi guys :) this will be my second plant contest.

The prize will be starter plants and floaters to help you along with your planted tank. as well as a small bottle of seachem flourish, to keep those plants flourishing :)

Eligibility
To be eligible you must be intending to set up OR already have a sparsely planted tank that you want to plant more heavily. Photograph your tank with a piece of paper saying "Ao's contest".

You will also need to descirbe your tank for me and let me know how it can keep plants alive. ie "I have a 6500k 42w cfl on a clamp lamp over my 10 gallon" etc.

Note: Winner must update me on the progress of your tanks with these plants :)

Form

Code:
Name: 
Photo of tank:
Why you want to start off a heavily planted tank:
What's your lighting?
other info
Winner will be picked by random number generator.

Contest will end on the 15th March 2013 00:00est
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Name:MattsBettas
Photo of tank: I do not have a photo. I am receiving the tank on Saturday from Sena Hansler.
Why I want to start off a heavily planted tank: I have been researching NPT for a while now, and have become very intrigued by the idea. I love plants both in water and on land, and fish are always happier with more plants. My sorority will be thrilled!
What's my lighting?: I have not purchased the light yet, but I can assure you that it will be fully appropriate for a planted tank.
The tank/how I will keep them alive: It will be a fourty gallon long npt with a organic soil base. The tank will have co2, but not in crazy amounts. I have the drive and methods so this tank can do well.

So, I really want these plants. Aquatic plants are limited in selection and quite pricy here, so I could use them! I am pretty much starting from nothing, so planting a 40 gallon long could get very expensive without these. If for some reason these plants arrive before the tank is set up enough, I have a plant appropriate 30 gallon that they can stay in.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Name:MattsBettas
Photo of tank: I do not have a photo. I am receiving the tank on Saturday from Sena Hansler.
Why I want to start off a heavily planted tank: I have been researching NPT for a while now, and have become very intrigued by the idea. I love plants both in water and on land, and fish are always happier with more plants. My sorority will be thrilled!
What's my lighting?: I have not purchased the light yet, but I can assure you that it will be fully appropriate for a planted tank.
The tank/how I will keep them alive: It will be a fourty gallon long npt with a organic soil base. The tank will have co2, but not in crazy amounts. I have the drive and methods so this tank can do well.

So, I really want these plants. Aquatic plants are limited in selection and quite pricy here, so I could use them! I am pretty much starting from nothing, so planting a 40 gallon long could get very expensive without these. If for some reason these plants arrive before the tank is set up enough, I have a plant appropriate 30 gallon that they can stay in.
Oh dear :( I dont think I can ship plants to Canada.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #4 
xShainax

Name xshainax This is my 6.6 gallon. I am going to change the substrate to sand, and the light is a 15-Watt fluorescent bulb. Sorry about the crappiness of the picture, I used my nintendo 3DS
Attached Images

xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oh. Oh well, I guess I'll find another way. Your sure you cant ship here? Thanks though!
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #6 
eemmais

Why do you want to start a heavily planted tank? Well, I've been reading about adding life plants to an aquarium, and there are so many benefits! Water quality, less fish stress, and it looks awesome.

What's your lighting? I have two desk lamps with daylight specrum bulbs. I keep the light on 12 hours a day. I also have ecocomplete substrate, and I plant to start using fertilizers soon.
Attached Images

eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #7 
Fin Fancier

Name: Fin Fancier
Photo of tank: http://i48.tinypic.com/f4pemd.jpg
Why you want to start off a heavily planted tank: I started buying some live plants since my betta has delicate fins, since then I've become addicted to the look, and appreciate the help with water quality. I'm hoping to try doing my first soil based tank soon. Right now I have only plants that can float some anacharis and wisteria, with a little sprig of water sprite.
What's your lighting? lighting is a 6500k bulb I got at petsmart, it is plant related, I generally leave it on for about 10 hrs a day.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #8 
ao
TFK Moderator

yay more entries!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #9 
xShainax

My tank looks so obsolete. :(
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #10 
ao