Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #11 
Adelais

I didn't like it at all. It was my first "tank" I bought when I first got Pisces. Only had it for a day or two before I returned it and bought a 2.5 gallon (which is now home to my little female Lucy). Pisces let me know that it was way to small, he even threw a fit when he was upgraded to a 2.5, didn't think it was enough space! Once I got him his five gallon he was perfectly happy. Spent a fortune on all the upgrades though...Oh well, at least he's happy!
In my opinion, it is way too tiny, Pisces was absolutely miserable in it and he kept trying to attack the yin-yang fish. You can add a heater (there is one by marina that would work) but, I wouldn't bother you would be better off in the long run just buying a 2.5 gallon with a heater. Your fish will definitely be healthier if you go with the 2.5 gallon. In fact, I actually wrote a review for that particular tank. You can probably figure out which review is mine. Haha.
Adelais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #12 
Tikibirds

I like the look but its too small. Why can't they make it bigger - even a 1G would be doable, 3 gallon would be even better. And with a lid. if it came in a 1G size and the price was like $15 or so, I would buy it and use it for a QT/hospital tank. Currently I use the Hawkeye 1G for that but the lid got busted when I moved from Alaska.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 03-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #13 
AkaRyu

I guess I should throw in my own opinion as well

I honestly like the tank. Yes it's a little small, but I got it for my new betta at the store today. He's a little guy still so I believe he has enough room for now. I'm not 100% sure if I'll upgrade to a bigger one real soon. I think it looks beautiful (but I'm not a huge fan of the background. meh)

Edit: There is a little heater that goes for the tank. I didn't see it at the store but I plan on looking at other stores tomorrow.
AkaRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #14 
Hadoken Kitty

The biggest problem I had with this tank is that the background paper rolled down onto my betta over night. I thought he was dead, but luckily he lived. I no longer have the paper background in there, and like previously stated, it is not a QT.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

I really dislike plastic tanks. no matter how beautiful they are, they scratch, is really flimsy and eventually become unuseable.

those rimless ada/Mr Aqua tanks? now that's reallly beautiful :)

personally I like to have solid glass tanks. The only plastic tank I have is the petco 6.6 gallon.... and that has neither fish nor water in it...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #16 
AkaRyu

I'm thinking of picking up a sheet of clear polystyrene and making a square lid with the corners cut off for air. The only thing I'm wondering is if i should get the little heater for this tank or if a lamp could heat it up enough.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaRyu View Post
I'm thinking of picking up a sheet of clear polystyrene and making a square lid with the corners cut off for air. The only thing I'm wondering is if i should get the little heater for this tank or if a lamp could heat it up enough.
heater for sure
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

I used to have two for two baby bettas.
lol they soon grew too big for it though. I like to see my bettas zoom from one end of the tank to another :)

Last edited by ao; 03-01-2013 at 10:07 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #19 
AkaRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I used to have two for two baby bettas.
lol they soon grew too big for it though. I like to see my bettas zoom from one end of the tank to another :)

What is the plastic box on top? I like the idea of the bamboo in the middle
I'll post a photo of my little guy once i get a light for him. The stores are just now opening around here.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #20 
VJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I really dislike plastic tanks. no matter how beautiful they are, they scratch, is really flimsy and eventually become unuseable.

those rimless ada/Mr Aqua tanks? now that's reallly beautiful :)

personally I like to have solid glass tanks. The only plastic tank I have is the petco 6.6 gallon.... and that has neither fish nor water in it...
Oh my yes. Mr. Aqua tempts me on a daily basis. The 12G long is gorgeous.
I am currently looking for a suitable QT tank, and I won't even do plastic for that. Fussy.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote