Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #1 
blu the betta

baby bettas living together

i have three baby bettas that i am keeping together but one is extremely aggressive. should i separate them. i also wanted to know tail type and gender.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

What size tank are you keeping them in? Are there lots of plants/hiding places? I'm assuming their not siblings, that you purchased them at a store. When you say aggressive how do you mean; just chasing or attacking? They may be too young to sex but if you can post pics it might be possible.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #3 
blu the betta

only one is attacking others. the others just flare.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #4 
shellieca
Reference Team

When I had a problem with two females literally locking onto each other, I removed one & floated her in a non-see through bowl in the tank for a few hours then re-introduced her. They flared & puffed up but didn't attack any more, that was a 10g QT tank with 5 females total, lots of silk plants & a few caves.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #5 
blu the betta

mine is a ten gal. mine did the same thing but now they are only chasing each other.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #6 
blu the betta

is it okay to but baby females with full grown females? its not okay right?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #7 
Fishy Mom

I have a baby that just went through a growth spurt that is in with adult females and did fine. The biggest thing I noticed that helped was the baby was a very strong and fast swimmer. Two of the adult females are only about 4 months old and the other two are full grown females that are on the small side. One of the 4 month old and both full grown females are the friendliest girls in the tank. The only problem I had at first was that the runt was the most agressive and thought she was the alpha girl. The girls didn't really pay attention to her until she became too pesty. They finally put her in her place and now she hangs out with my two blue girls who are really friendly and get along with everyone in the tank. Now the girls are still working on getting the lavendar 4 month old to settle down. Every once in a while she gets worked up and starts chasing, but then after a day or so the girls will finally start chasing back until she settles down.

I think it all comes down to personality. I don't think I would reccommend putting a large female in with babies without knowing her personality because if she is too agressive she could easy injured or kill a baby.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote