Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #31 
Kwomais

Princess is definitely a princess (she's got cuuuurves), I'm still on the fence about Firey though...
Kwomais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #32 
EllaEcstasy7

She does fine alone in a bowl so I might take her out and see about getting another female instead.
Attached Images

EllaEcstasy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #33 
Kwomais

Well if you're happy with that solution, why not? That way She can have a happier live, the blues she's harassing can have a happier life and you don't have to stress about someone getting hurt! Good on you! It's tough to make a decision like that :D (I LOVE that fuchsia plant, btw)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #34 
EllaEcstasy7

Thanks :) I guess I will take her back out and put her back in that bowl and try again with another female.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #35 
Shadyr

Maybe it's something with reds. My red girl Grif has a distinctly different body shape than my other girls. She's somehow longer and slimmer, but she's still definitely a she.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #36 
EllaEcstasy7

I talked to Syriiven and she said she was unsure but she is leaning towards it being a male. I put her in a smaller tank alone with a heater and the other girls are still in the bigger tank. Everyone seems to be doing just fine. Now I just have to find another female who is really a female.

You think if I take her back to the pet store they will let me get another one instead??
Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #37 
Kwomais

I'm sure they will. Just explain that there was very too much aggression from her and that you'd like to exchange her for another. Any pet stare worth their salt will be happy to oblige because it means that you will likely return and you will likely recommend them to people you know. Accepting exchanges is just good business!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #38 
EllaEcstasy7

I found out that the policy is 14 days and I have about a week left to return her. I plan to do it tomorrow... I hope I can find a better one though she/he is so cute when cuddling into the plants
Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #39 
Kwomais

That's great! I always ask about return policies before purchasing fish/invertebrates just in case there's a problem with behaviour or if they die in the first week or so. I have yet to find a place that's not good (except Petland for their snails: they refuse to guarantee them, so I don't buy any from there).

I hope you can find a girlie with as much personality as her too!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #40 
EllaEcstasy7

I found one similar to her except she is a ct.. She is aggressive enough and even shows Princess she is the boss. She fits right in so far :)
Attached Images

Tags
betta 10gallon, sorority, sorority female community