Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 
Pasdio

White Halfmoon

I was trying to find a related thread but had no luck, so I really just wanted to share my sorrow with other people who care about bettas.

My family and I were at Petco today, and I typically gravitate straight to the bettas because I'm kind of addicted...heh...
Anyway my mom managed to find a pure white (save for a pale black dot on his dorsal which me think he has actually a marble, but i'm not sure) masked half moon betta. But he had a large black raised spot in the middle of his forehead that looked like a tumor. He seemed healthy otherwise but I didn't want to risk it. (Plus my 5 gallon isn't completely set up yet.)

Here's a picture (sorry it's so terribly blurry I have a reaaaally bad camera on my phone and that's all I had.)

You can kind of see the raised area on his head.

That's all really, has anyone else seen the perfect fish save for some kind of disease or otherwise?

Last edited by Pasdio; 03-03-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Pasdio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #2 
ZubinBetta

Yes, one of the first desiderata in obtaining new fishes is to look for healthy ones. Otherwise the near future for your betta and you is largely foreseeable, and not very long at that. It's heartbreaking to bury a fish, especially so soon after bringing one home. If it's any consolation, I have started to see white HM at PetCo's around here rather regularly, so perhaps it's a trend that will catch on, perhaps where you are, too. The cashier at my PetCo told me there is someone in the community who always buys up all the white ones when they come in and "must have about 100 tanks at home." So I would say, Follow your passion, and you will find that perfect fish in good health!
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote