Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #1 
ChibiShishou

He is actually a SHE! First time with a female betta

Ok so turns out my rescue is a GIRL!! I'm super excited I've always wanted a girl betta but couldn't because I have a divided ten gallon... So this means I'll be taking my 1.5 or 3 gal back to school with me. BUT THATS NOT THE ISSUE.

This is going to sound really stupid and I apologize but are there any differences to caring for female bettas then there is for males? I know later on I'll have to be careful if she were to get all eggy but other than that is there anything I should know about my new little bundle of love?

Other than oo and aww and go all out insane with adorable-ness. Because female bettas;are so cute. She keeps showing me her tail and being all 'look its growing see Im a pretty fish'
On the plus side her fin rot is doing well so far! Theres a lot of regrowth on her bottom fins! <3
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nope, no difference. I often find that females have more energy and to a degree more personality, less finnage to weigh them down lol.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #3 
ChibiShishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Nope, no difference. I often find that females have more energy and to a degree more personality, less finnage to weigh them down lol.

Awesome! Thank you very much!! Females do seem to have more personality, although it depends on the betta it kind of feels like she is more personable than my male. Hes just always so macho and fiesty and she's just kind of mellow and hanging out. So its interesting to see the difference.
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #4 
LittleBlueFishlets

+1 on everything that MattsBettas said. My girl is a nonstop swimmer. She's very inquisitive (and eternally optimistic that every time I walk over, it's because I'm going to feed her). She *loves* her hammock and ignores all caves. She eats like a little piggy. And when I talk to her, she 'wags' her tail really fast. (probably because she hopes I'm going to feed her. Again.)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female betta, newbie