Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #1 
londonjoker

help. saved fish from filter but somethings very wrong

Hi all. We have a 25L Fluval Chi.
Last night, our beloved Betta got stuck in the filter attachment (the bit where the filter system slides onto tank)e
He could only of been there for around half an hour. When we realised, we carefully removed the filter and he flew out. He seemed pretty pissed off and sat at the bottom of his tank. This was around midnidnight. I added 5ml of stress coat and left him to adjust. this morning, he his swimming around like normal. HOWEVER... there seems to be a light patch on his head. there is a definate sign of discolouration...
Please can someone advise...
thanks
clive (London UK)
londonjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 AM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

if he's acting normal that is fine... if the patch seems like lost scales rather than being cottony.. it will grow back. make sure u cover ur filter well..
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #3 
londonjoker

help. saved fish from filter but somethings very wrong

Thank you for the reply !!!
i've been really worried. been looking around forums etc and it seems that this is not uncommon for this to happen with the fluval chi system.
for some inexplicable design reason, the rectangular fitting for the whole filter system slips onto the edge of the tank. However, there are 3 small (about 1cmx1cm gaps) either side of the glass.
The gaps inside are now bunged with small foam sponges.
Thank you for the assurance that the scales will grow back. he kinda looks like a fishy monk at the moment. bless him...
londonjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #4 
tekkguy

I replied to your other thread, but I'll repeat it here ... Clean water and some tannins from ial or oak leaves to help avoid infection.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #5 
TheOnlyCanvas

The scales should grow back. My little guy bumped his head on his heater when I first put it in, and within a few days the color was already coming back. He'll be alright!
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote