Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #21 
BettaBreeder99

k, ty. I'm just breedeing vts for fun/pets for people so my other breeds wont have to be pets... My Cts/Fms will more than likely be from Thailand... Not for kids!
BettaBreeder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #22 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

What is a fm? And why would you say "not for kids"? That bugs me. Mo, a very good breeder, is eleven. I can tell you that I am not over 18. Another breeder who I won't name is not even a teenager yet. It bugs me when people say stuff like that, even though we likely have more experience then them. How about "not for beginners"?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #23 
BettaBreeder99

No, i'm talking about the fact that they are worth too much money (30$+ dollars) just to be pets! That's why I have the Veils by my side. And dude, I'm 11 too. I is turning 12 next month, matter of fact. i'm talking bout kids under 5! I have a 'friend' whos kid ripped up a betta and slapped on the floor! I'm sorry, but i'm not risking that!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #24 
Alcemistnv

Have you bred any bettas yet? C:

I'm interested to see any that you have done :)

If you ask me, I'd save the 150 gallon for other fish, such as plecos, goldfish, oscars, whatevr you want.

Also, while it may seem plausible to sell the fish for cheap, keep in mind that a single breeding can produce anywhere from 0 to 500 babies :) That's a lot of time, money, and energy being spent xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #25 
BettaBreeder99

Thank you for asking! No, we do not have any, yet. I'm ONLY going to get my bettas from ebay. But, I do not have Pay Pal yet... So far, ive reserved a CT and a Full moon for my Mom and Dad. He wants a Blk one with red dorsal fins and tail. And Mom wants a Red/White/blue one like my avatar. She keeps picking on me, lol! So, what color are u interested in?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #26 
BettaBreeder99

FMs I call Fullmoons.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #27 
Myates

There is no fin type called Full Moons.. there are halfmoons and over halfmoons (HM, OHM), but no such thing as Full Moons...

Many many many many many people get their pets and breeders overseas.. I've got a number of them myself. Be careful buying off of ebay, I know there are a few really good breeders that sell there, but if you really want a betta I would check out Aquabid. If you are only paying $30 for a betta + shipping then I would double check the fish and the way they are going to ship, as recommended overnight shipping alone is $35, then you have a transhipper fee, etc etc. One fish from overseas can easily run $60+.

But first and foremost I would look into what it takes to breed.. you can say what you want, but it still sounds as if you don't know much about the different fin types.. which makes me think you don't know much about what breeding entails nor what you need to breed. Read the stickies, as they are good for getting the ball rolling, but it does take more than that to breed. It's a lot of money and time spent.. I spend hours a day in water changes alone - plus the feedings, etc.

So do some more research before you spend hundreds of dollars on fish, make sure you know what you want and how to achieve it.. just because one fish is the color you want doesn't mean you will get any fry with those colors.

Good luck.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #28 
BettaBreeder99

Hmm. I thought there was a fullmoon... may be I got messed up.. I dunno. Yea, ive tried aqua bid before...
Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #29 
GhostFeather

Ebay will not let anyone ship fish priority anymore,it has to be express.
So, the cost of the fish and another $35.00 for shipping,most will combine shipping.
I have seen some listings where the seller does not know 1 tailtype from another,alot are good fish,you just have to be careful and know what you are looking for!
Bill
GhostFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #30 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBreeder99 View Post
Hmm. I thought there was a fullmoon... may be I got messed up.. I dunno. Yea, ive tried aqua bid before...
Dont feel bad, Ive seen people use that term before, usually with OHM. Myates is correct, no such thing. It would be just a round ball of fins with 2 eyes sticking out. Being patient and finding good stock to breed with is highly recommended.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote