Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #31 
BettaBreeder99

Ive got my facts straight now, lol! Getting my females in soon.
BettaBreeder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #32 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Post pics when you get them! Did you go with aquabid?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #33 
BettaBreeder99

No, silly! I am waiting on the perfect girls, haven't bought any yet. Good things come to those who wait!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #34 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
I wish you well with your plans. I do disagree that you will have no problem selling purebred VTs. If you do manage to sell them it will likely be for far less than the cost of production. Getting quality breeding stock to start with is key to your success. Each spawn will require hundreds of hours of work to raise to maturity.
I actually have to agree with logisticsguy. I think you should get on aquabid and see what is most popular so you can start by establishing yourself, and then later you might have a better chance at getting purebred VTs sold. I personally am a fan of VTs, but there are usually under ten at a time on AB and go for really low prices. Also, VTs are widely available. People can pick them up at pretty much any petstore, so unless you are willing to spend every ounce of energy coming up with a VT line that has not been seen before, you may be digging yourself into a pit :/
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #35 
BettaBreeder99

I'm just going with pets for peeps. I dunno if I want any thing fancy or anything. But I do recommend walmart than petsmart. I had a betta 5 months before we left to visit my dying grandma compared to 5 days, ending up with utra severe fin rot and tail rot... eeee... O.O'