Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #11 
carbonxxkidd

You know, I had no idea it was discontinued...still going to look though. Why did they discontinue it if it works??? :(
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #12 
callistra

Jungle got bought by Tetra and for whatever reason they decided to discontinue it.. not sure if they felt it wasn't profitable enough, too much work or what
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #13 
LittleBlueFishlets

If it's discontinued, you may be able to find a similar product under the Tetra name. They switched some of the products over.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #14 
callistra

Nope. There's two other brands I know of and it's a large pellet for pond fish and the other is by the goldfish connection.. neither company will confirm they are safe for fish as small as bettas. That's why I make my own feed.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #15 
carbonxxkidd

Boooo.

What are the chances that she's the only infected fish in the tank? Everyone else seems to be fine atm. I'm just worried that she's not eating. Is white stringy poop an indicator of anything else or is it 100% parasite related?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #16 
callistra

Very unlikely. Internal parasites are highly contagious. If one fish had them it's best to treat the whole tank.

It's also indicative of internal bacterial infection.

Internal bacterial infections are normally caused by poor water quality and/or chronic constipation. Internal parasites can be had by feeding live or frozen foods.. I'm guessing parasite in your case, but the pellet mix above I suggested might work for both.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #17 
carbonxxkidd

Alright, well I'll most likely end up buying the stuff you suggested then. Do you have any idea how long it takes for parasites to show up? Or what it would be caused by? Just weird that it all of a sudden showed up like that. The medicated food shouldn't affect the shrimp/snails/plants right?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #18 
callistra

Likely feeding all that frozen food. If it were me I'd toss the group. What brand is it?

The medicated food won't have an effect on your tank.. wont' crash your cycle etc.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #19 
carbonxxkidd

It's all Hikari, I have a package of everything, lol...I'm so confused though, isn't frozen food supposed to be safe???

If it's not a parasite and is a bacterial infection, is that as contagious? Same cause?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #20 
callistra

Frozen food should be safe, but the process they use won't kill everything. There's still a possibility of infection.

Cause not normally food related, not.. see above.. but yes it can be just as contagious.