Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #11 
rangerserena

-_- make that 2 pregnate dalmations and a platy. i need a bigger breeding box
rangerserena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #12 
rangerserena

I knew there was a reason i liked these light colored fish. I can literally see the babies in her. She's gotta drop any day now. Wish i could see it but knowing my luck she'll have them over night
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #13 
Skyewillow

They don't always get pregnant every time they mate. Our guppies (pretty similar) are constantly mating, but thankfully, the girls are holding off on having babies.

Always go on the gravid spot, that's definite. Especially once you start seeing babies, like you are! ^_^

Congrats!

(PS they CAN go up to a 45 day pregnancy, we've had a couple of our girls pull that, or just be fat and not pregnant, they're well-spoiled)
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #14 
JerryBerrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerserena View Post
I knew there was a reason i liked these light colored fish. I can literally see the babies in her. She's gotta drop any day now. Wish i could see it but knowing my luck she'll have them over night
Congrats! I wish my platy would have babies, i'd have little mickey mouse platies swimming around ^.^ Maybe she is pregnant now though, I noticed she is bigger than usual.
JerryBerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #15 
rangerserena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
They don't always get pregnant every time they mate. Our guppies (pretty similar) are constantly mating, but thankfully, the girls are holding off on having babies.

Always go on the gravid spot, that's definite. Especially once you start seeing babies, like you are! ^_^

Congrats!

(PS they CAN go up to a 45 day pregnancy, we've had a couple of our girls pull that, or just be fat and not pregnant, they're well-spoiled)
It's easyer to watch for the gravid with the platys and my 24 karet molly but ive given up with my dalmations. That dang platy been fat so long i was starting to think she had bloat or constipated and i was starting to look up remedies, im so glad now i can see she is in fact pregnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerrie View Post
Congrats! I wish my platy would have babies, i'd have little mickey mouse platies swimming around ^.^ Maybe she is pregnant now though, I noticed she is bigger than usual.
I think that sunburst was pregnate when i got her cause i only had 2 girls. I hate having to sleep cause i know she'll have her babies then just like my 24 karet did. At least i have her in the breeding box so i can hopfuly save more then 4 babies
Mind you the 24 karet had her babies about 2 weeks ago and she is pregnate again i could just barely see what i think are babies in her today so she went into my first phase breeder box
Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #16 
rangerserena

Omg my platy finally popped! About Dang time and on st Patrick day no less. One down three to go
Attached Images

Tags
fry, fry care, molly, pregnant