Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #1 
bettacrazygirl86

Update on my buddies :3

My male betta, Patriot, came down with fin rot after I had upgraded him and got him a new heater. It was a mild case and I treated it with aquarium salt, and he healed right up! He's adjusted to his new tank nicely, and doesn't even mind the filter current. His heater heats the tank consistently at 82 degrees, and he seems to be loving it. He's currently in a 5 gallon hex with a filter and a 25 watt adjustable heater. He's happy and healthy now. He wiggles when he sees me come up to the tank, but sometimes he flares at me! I've never actually seen him flare to where his beard shows. He did that to me earlier. Why is he doing that? I didn't do anything to make him mad, and he doesn't do it when I'm wearing a certain color. He just does it sometimes.

My female betta that I got most recently, Tiny Tina, is in a 2.65 tank. It's a full 360 cylinder with a filter and a heater. There's not much ground room for decorations, but there's plenty of swimming room for her since she's so tiny. She gets so excited to see me, and she'll even wiggle just to get my attention. Her tank is on my nightstand, so she notices the second I look over to her and she starts wiggling up a storm! It's so cute. I did a water change for her today and she loves the new layout. I moved a plant to the back and moved her ship to the front of the tank more, and she loves it. She creeps on me inside the ship and starts to slowly swim towards me when I look over to her, then she wiggles. xD
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #2 
BettaNubRandyLove

Mine wiggles like a maniac. It's so funny! :)
BettaNubRandyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #3 
bettacrazygirl86

It's adorable!

Since I posted this thread, lots have happened. xD I upgraded them both to a divided 10 gallon with live plants, a nicer heater, a filter, and two snail buddies to clean up the algae. I also couldn't help myself and got a baby betta.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote