Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #1 
Basement Bettas

Speaking of VT's...

I know.. I griped about them here in the show section. But because of the response and amount of people that have an interest in the VT.. I want to ask a few questions.

1/ For those that adore the VT... are you an IBC member?

2/ As a breeder of VT's, would you breed VT's to the current IBC standards colors and perfect them as we do in the other tail types? Current colors are:
Red
Black
Iridescents - blue, green and steel
Yellow
Orange
pastel
Marble
Grizzle
Butterfly
Multi
Metallic

[may be a few more.. standards not handy and these just come to mind]

3/ Would you join the IBC and regularly send fish to shows?

Fish bought at a pet shop could not be entered.. but their offspring you bred could be entered.

Just trying to get a feel for interest and commitment level..
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #2 
Myates

You already know my thoughts! Bring on the VTs!

2yr membership currently for IBC, would send to shows, and would breed to the IBC standard that is chosen.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

We can show VT bettas here in Australia, which I've always liked. This is something that has been taken from one of the bigger betta shows here.

Quote:
E1. Color or Form Variations - (eg DT Plakat, DT CT, Crown plakat, Dumbo, Veiltail etc)

h/ All bettas excluding the Veiltail class will be judged in accordance with IBC judging criteria. Veiltail class will be judged using the Bettas4All Veiltail Show Standard
Even though I am not American, I think you would have quite a lot of interest if VT classes were offered. They seem to be quite popular here.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

IBC member (unless I need to renew), absolutely interested in breeding VT for the color classes and if I could I would certainly send VTs to shows.

I've been thinking about using my huge amount of fish tanks just sitting there empty to breed some VTs in new forms. I have the time and most of the equipment so why not.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #5 
Bluewind

I love VTs! Sad to say I'm not a member and I hope to eventually breed pet quality VTs, not show, but I really look forward to seeing the amazing VTs people come up with for show! Woot!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #6 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
We can show VT bettas here in Australia, which I've always liked. This is something that has been taken from one of the bigger betta shows here.

Even though I am not American, I think you would have quite a lot of interest if VT classes were offered. They seem to be quite popular here.
That is a form standard. Is there enough interest to breed the more "pure" colors rather than just two fish...?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #7 
Basement Bettas

How do ya'll feel about the Bettas4All Veiltail Show Standard? Is it attainable and realistic? Is that how you want your VT's to look?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

I love the Bettas4all standard personally. The few VTs I have spawned I looked for fish to fit that standard.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #9 
Maddybelle

I'm joining the IBC next month. Yay birthday present!
I'd love to be able to show VTs. I don't think they're any less beautiful than other tail types, and I think that the Bettas4all standard is very workable. I've seen VTs that conform quite closely to that standard, though they aren't easy to find, LOL. I tend to prefer the VTs with wide tail bases, as described in the Bettas4all standard. As for color, yes, I would most definitely breed towards the IBC color standards, just as I do with my HMs.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #10 
Myates

Mmm... dark red VTs.. original cambodian style VTs.. yes I am so going to go crazy if you get it. You have my vote! (for more reasons than this lol.. but this is the icing on the cake!)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote