Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #31 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I personally have to say Bettafx otherwise known as The Dark Plakat on YouTube has beautiful fish and is. Great guy :D
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #32 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
It okay you re not the first person to think he is a hmpk. This is the girl I will be breeding him to her name is Peanut :D
I will try get another pic of her flaring but she has great fins ;)
I hope to play with marbles for the time being.
I will keep you updated on my spawn. It will be during spring break though so I can be at home until the fry are a week old.
I love marbles! Can't wait to see what you get from the spawn! Hope it goes well.

I've recently "Liked" BettaFx's Facebook page....it's so exciting that there are Canadians breeding bettas now. It's been 10 years since I've been involved in the hobby and just recently got excited about it again when I bought each of my girls a betta for Christmas. Ten years ago, I had never heard of anyone breeding in Canada....also never heard of Aquabid for that matter.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #33 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I know! Before I joined this forum I had no idea that there were people just like me in Alberta! A great feeling for sure. I will be breeding my black pla kat male soonish, but it could be 8 months before I acually get plakats because it is a recessive gene.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #34 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I will have red, blue and red and red Cambodian ct fry ready in about a month. I did not spawn them but am raising them for a friend who had to rehome.
I will post pics later. One has very vibrant red fins :D
I accidentally sucked two up when syphoning but they are okay
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #35 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I know! Before I joined this forum I had no idea that there were people just like me in Alberta! A great feeling for sure. I will be breeding my black pla kat male soonish, but it could be 8 months before I acually get plakats because it is a recessive gene.
Yes but they will be deadly gorgeous when you do have them. The forum is great because it brings us together over great distance.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #36 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
Look up BettaFX on facebook. He is in Mississauga and breeds regularly. or better yet follow this link right to his page https://www.facebook.com/groups/223375914459163/
I apologize for posting this link....turns out he is a supporter of competitive betta fighting. I quickly removed him from my facebook and I did not know this before hand. please do not support him
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #37 
logisticsguy

Quote:
I apologize for posting this link....turns out he is a supporter of competitive betta fighting. I quickly removed him from my facebook and I did not know this before hand. please do not support him
Ok Im not on or into facebook at all. Did you find this info on facebook and what was actually said about the subject? Just curious. I was considering a purchase of bettafx fish. Could you fill me in on the details? Maybe bettafx who is a member here would like to respond.

Last edited by logisticsguy; 03-08-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #38 
Catw0man

Quote:
Oh, really???? I joined his group "BettaFX", but I haven't seen anything posted about fighting the fish.....just stuff about his fry and spawns.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #39 
Nothingness

I don't know if he personally fights but he is part of a group that is all about fighting them. I stated he supports fighting them not the he specifically fights fish
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #40 
logisticsguy

A quick google search and you see that bettafx sells fighter strain. That stuff is not for me and Ive never had a bit of interest in it. Is a frank honest discussion of the subject allowed here Im not sure.