Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #71 
Syriiven

Yea, I dontvthink I'd be able to deal with that sort of loss or dissappointment
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #72 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

These were from Bettafx.
Sena ordered a pair of red ones. All four fish arrived dead although they had excellent packaging and two heat packs.
They were so gorgeous I was so excited, proven breeders of amazing offspring.
Attached Images

BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #73 
Syriiven

Really gorgeous fish! Its a terrible loss tho
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #74 
Kwomais

God, that would be heartbreaking!
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #75 
BettaFx

Smile hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
I apologize for posting this link....turns out he is a supporter of competitive betta fighting. I quickly removed him from my facebook and I did not know this before hand. please do not support him
PLEASE READ.

Alright before any of you guys get upset with me joining bettafighting forums it does not mean im a sole supporters of fighting them. It's a cultural barrier that I see people do not realise that it cannot be stopped but I do keep an open mind. I do not intrude or hate on others before hearing them out. I know there are people who are sensitive to this topic therefore I do not bother saying I'm in the forum but since it questions many people out there I'm more than happy to share my experiences. You are able to expand your knowledge hearing other people's opinion before going out and marking them as a bad owner or breeder. So yes I am a part of the forum but does not mean I am a bad breeder or do not care about these fish. First off I would like to say as well those who breed fighters actually take far better care than those breeder hmpk or Hm at times as it requires a lot of patience having to wait until 8-9 when jarred and sold. They are required to be fed just enough to fill them everyday but not overfed which means by 8-9 months they are full grown and adult. Now I take this note down and notice those who breed hmpk and hm have stuffed their fish soo much to make them grow faster and constant water changes which stresses them out. Those raising fighters would cycle their pond and would not bother water changing too often as the water fluctuates and may harm their slime coat. They take their time to jar them in a quiet place, exercise them and the water quality is just perfect to enhance scales. In the forum there are people hating on breeders who breed for looks and not mentality I see these two factors are easily combined but too many people limit themselves like I said. Those who breed fighters want to retain history and bloodline close to wiltypes. But they don't bother hating on those irresponsibly breeding bad fish. Examples? I see fish with tumours on their head, short bodies, oversized finnage and cannot be supported, blind fish. The list goes on. There are many out there people don't realise. I choose to respect both sides and share the love.

Next is about aggression and I notice this. All bettas can have the same mentality as a fighter and it's all about selection. Those who breed show quality bettas most of the time only care about the form and colour but miss out on the vigor and mentality this is why many breeders fall short and those who aren't experienced with genetics have that misconception that show quality cannot have that same mentality or aggression to flare to a finger and to attack it. This all comes to healthy mind. Don't you see your hmpk or Hm in pet stores tend to just lay at the bottom and not flare? My fish can flare for the whole day if they wanted to with no problems.

In conclusion, i join these forums to learn from other people and the culture behind it instead of limiting myself to one mind set. We as humans cannot progress without thinking outside the box. I am not a bias person and to have both sides implementing not to support show fish or not to support fighter strain so I learn both sides and to think for myself not have people think for me.

Now having all that said a fight to the death is not supported even in the fighting forums. This is a fact. But what I hate the most are people who gamble which is no different than dog fights. This is the truth and I'm here as both supporters of show quality and fighter strain to tell you guys what I read what I see both primary and secondary info.

although i am not as active on this forum than facebook which you all can feel free to search me up and pm me, I am aware of how i rear my fish and breed them. Just because I breed fighters does not mean I'm a bad person or a bad breeder. Before anyone runs their mouth please read what I got to say or message me and I'll tell you the truth.

Seeing is believing and how I raise my fish is mental and physical health that some overseas breeders do not consider.

I believe in second chances and not get caught up in the 'hype' so please do your research. Fighters are still bettas and it's interesting to see their attitude is different than those in pet stores. I combine the two methods both fancies eye candy and the heart and mind of a 'fighter' with the way the breeders also make their scales and colour better (this is a secret) =]. You can have an eye candy looking fish but if they cannot hold their finnage, flare longer than 30 mins, resistant to diseases (most), the fish does not have good bloodline the genetics is watered down far too much and 'man' itself have been carrying it far too long for example egg eaters can be because you scared the fish,eggs no good OR themselves as a male betta don't know how to nest therefore that bloodline should not be passed that's why i dont bother artificially hatching them and continuing bad practices though I know how to hatch them myself.

What I'm trying to do for Canada as a country along with Elitebetta is to develop superior fish than overseas with our genetic knowledge and rearing skills.

It's heart breaking to hear those who don't have the respect or guts to come message me haha. I have spent years researching different animals and to apply my knowledge to progressing this hobby on a more positive route. Years of trial and errors just for those in love with raising these fish. The nurturing required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Ok Im not on or into facebook at all. Did you find this info on facebook and what was actually said about the subject? Just curious. I was considering a purchase of bettafx fish. Could you fill me in on the details? Maybe bettafx who is a member here would like to respond.
please read above =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
Oh, really???? I joined his group "BettaFX", but I haven't seen anything posted about fighting the fish.....just stuff about his fry and spawns.
I'm also not as active on facebook or youtube posting new videos anymore...for those who are supporting me or hating on me whichever... I am developing really nice fish expect them to be ready in the next couple months. I went on hiatus for school work and a job. So in due time you guys will see some beauties ;p! I have showed pictures to beautifulbettas who have been a great supporter of my projects,

Much love to everyone =]

Last edited by BettaFx; 05-06-2013 at 12:12 PM.
BettaFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #76 
Syriiven

I think everyone's concern is that seeing the word 'fighter' tends to make people think of people gambling on bettas fighting to the death. I dont think anyone meant any offense, and you're right, it definitely should've been researched more by us.

Thank you for coming out and letting us know your side of the story.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #77 
BettaFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I think everyone's concern is that seeing the word 'fighter' tends to make people think of people gambling on bettas fighting to the death. I dont think anyone meant any offense, and you're right, it definitely should've been researched more by us.

Thank you for coming out and letting us know your side of the story.
Respect to all they are called fighting strains there's no 'blanketing' that term. in some places they call bettas fighting fish. I say fighter but doesn't mean I like to fight them to the death? They are what they are and I choose to embrace the word 'fighter' I'm not going to beat behind a bush and hide that word. so thank you for your response i really appreciate that. I'm trying to promote people to have an opened mind. Face it, bettas in nature spar for a mate. love to all and give chances to these fish they haven't harmed the hobby or nature itself but sustain it.

pretty sad (offensive) to have others encouraging others not to support me just because I breed fighters. Know me as a person before spreading rumours.
BettaFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #78 
logisticsguy

What rumour was not true? You breed them and spar them... that was the rumour right? You just don't fight to the death, I guess that is the difference. Most dog fights end before death. the owner usually white flags when one dog loses the will to fight. I don't see a whole lotta moral difference here. You are free to do whatever you like its none of my business or concern.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #79 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Okay IMO he is not doing anything wrong. It is not like he is killing these fish. Fighters are stronger then our typical show betta it would be nice if we could be able to e corporate these genes into most fish to make them stronger over all. With BettaFx learning about this your pretty expensive imports might not suddenly die. Please you guys who are big haters right now research before opening your mouths, get out of your hard head, and think of this another way.
The sneak peak I got of the fish he will be working with are amazing! Believe me, some truly gorgeous fish.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #80 
logisticsguy

If you are referring to me as a hater bb123 I disagree. I am not.

I just have a very different opinion is all and Im entitled to it.

Doubt it will change much just because of nice fish.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote