Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #1 
Stone

Elvis, the giant gets a rescape

As most of you know we are always improving things for our fish as we discover new things and ways of doing things, this is a rescape of Elvis's tank he has been over due but we waited because for some odd reason his tank was able to grow plants our other tanks were not able to at the time, now that we got that fixed and are having more success in all of our tanks it was his turn, he has new roomies, little baby platys and some corydora babies as well, assassin snails and the like, here is the vid, yes I do vids they are so much more fun than boring old pics plus you can see how the fish behave get a sense of their personality . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqsYR...ature=youtu.be
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #2 
Laki

Holy moly. You weren't kidding. He's enormous!!

The tank is beautiful as well. They all get along nicely :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #3 
Stone

LOL yeah he is a big one, he is my fave, he is so pretty and really mellow
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

Nice tank! BIGGG fishy : ). I am thinking about getting a giant/large sized male. There's three that have been stuck at my local Petco for 3 months and going $12.99 each. I wish I had room for all of them. Alas I can only squeeze only one more on my rack. That's only for a 5 gallon but it beats cup for months on end.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #5 
VegasShimmer

Man, his tank is gorgeous...and so is he! I want to get a giant someday. My local Petco has some every now and then. Would a 5g work, or is a 10g minimum?
VegasShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #6 
EmmaJay

I have a friend that put a giant in a divided 2.5 gallon tank...it died after a week. Mine is in a 5 gallon for now, I'm upgrading him. I'm not sure what the minimum is, I would say 5 gallons though!

And this is a beautiful tank with a very lovely fish!
EmmaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #7 
Seki

Holy wow, what a big fish! How big is he, inch-wise? I'm curious because I'm really bad at getting a sense of those things when only watching a video or seeing a pic. He looks maybe 3-4 inches? Am I oversizing him?
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #8 
peachii

He's at least 4 inches, closer to 5 by now. He was smaller when we got him but he's grown a lot.

He's what was labeled as a Giant Halfmoon, he seems to be bigger then the regular Giant we got, but the regular one is still pretty new. Our smaller king would be fine in a 5 gallon tank but we have them both in 10 gallons, so they have more room. Elvis would be to big for a 5 gallon, he's pretty huge.

We've only ever seen 2 Giant Halfmoon bettas at petco - the other one we bought and it died within a few days. The cup was entirely to small for him and the lady said he actually came in not looking to good. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....ighlight=lucky I wanted him to live so badly, I completely fell in love with him and his color. Was heartbroken completely after he died.

Last edited by peachii; 06-25-2013 at 12:37 PM.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #9 
Laki

I doubt the 2.5g killed the first one.. I'd say it had more to do with genetics and whatever illness from that cup. Poor thing.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #10 
EmmaJay

Oh no I don't think that killed him lol it sounds like I was implying that. The divider sliced his tail off and he got an infection. The divider was glass.

It was way too small a space though, he couldn't swim much.
EmmaJay is offline   Reply With Quote