Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #11 
LinkLover

Ok, I will definitely get started on trying to figure out a new home for them. It kind of makes me sad, since my family has had them since they were about an inch long, and they are a joy to watch, but it's important to me that they have everything they need. Are there any places you can suggest to post an ad, like fish specific sites or anything? And thank you, haha this forum seems to be all about the babies!
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Trying looking online to see if your town (or a larger nearby town) has an aquatics or pond club/group. Might be easier since I doubt anyone will want to pay to have them shipped.
We love all kinds of babies here!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #13 
LinkLover

That's a good idea, I will see if I can find any. Yea I definitely don't want to ship them, since I wouldn't want to stress them out any more than absolutely necessary. Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can ensure that they get to have a better life.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

No problem, let us know whatever happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #15 
SolomonFinch

Maybe I missed something... but what is wrong with releasing them into a pond?
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #16 
LinkLover

Well for one, it's pretty much the dirtiest pond I've ever seen (kids toss trash and such in there all the time), and it's illegal to release your animals into the local environment.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #17 
SolomonFinch

A specific pond I can understand.

I have hand raised 2 feeder goldfish (those are almost always comet/shubunkins/sarasas with identical needs to "common" goldfish... they are all carp) to "release" into my pond.
It would be great if you could find someone with a garden pond... and probably easier than you would imagine. I know several people who have patio ponds (for the sheer love of aquatic plants) that keep one or 2 "feeders" to fertilize their plants...and have for ten plus years.
Good luck!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #18 
LinkLover

Yea if it were a pond at someone's house that would be totally different, but this one is seriously disgusting. I certainly hope I can find someone like you mentioned since I think that would be great for them. And thank you!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #19 
SolomonFinch

no problem...if worse comes to worst... you could always get a plastic foot locker or something from craigs list and house them in your basement or somewhere handy until you find a home. or see if a LFS will take them. if anything, place an ad at the LFS and craigslist.
a plastic tub is not a permanent home but it sure beats a nasty pond or worse.
and congrats on your almost here newest addition!
where i live we have some folk tales about pregnant women and fish... all super great fortune! :)
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #20 
LinkLover

Well unfortunately their current tank setup is the best we can do, as I live in a one bedroom apartment and have no space for a larger tank, and I don't have a basement. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to a pet store, since who knows who would come along and take them, but I realize it might come down to that at some point. Haha thank you! I can only imagine... ;)