Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #41 
LinkLover

Super good news for the Goldfish! I had talked to my mom about their situation, and she told me she knew someone who might be interested. Luckily they ARE interested, so now our three lovely guys will be going to their new home this weekend: a huge, custom built, professionally maintained backyard pond! The woman who owns it has had it for years and loves her fish as much as we do. I'm super excited for them, since now they will have more space and more friends! I just wanted to share this awesome update with you guys. :D
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #42 
LinkLover

Never mind. She backed out.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #43 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

What? Oh no. That's disappointing.
I'd keep trying cause pond season is just starting (well depending on where you are).
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #44 
LinkLover

Yea, it was pretty much the perfect situation for them and then they changed their minds. We're pretty upset, cause we were really excited for them. But we did have a LFS offer to take them and try to rehome them. But of course that makes me nervous, since I wouldn't know where they'd be going.

And I live in Washington, close-ish to Seattle.

Last edited by LinkLover; 06-06-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #45 
BlueBettaSplendensLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
So a few months ago my dad had to move out of his house, and couldn't take his animals with him (three Goldfish and his dog). The three Goldfish were kept in a ten gallon tank (horrible, I know, especially since they were getting big) and he "couldn't find anyone to take them" so he said he was just going to release them into a local pond. Since that is wrong on so many levels, I reluctantly agreed to take them (I really didn't want any more fish but I couldn't let that happen to them). They are now in a filtered thirty gallon tank, cleaned weekly, and fed twice daily. However, I know after doing some research that they need a much bigger tank and more filtration. Unfortunately, that is completely impossible with my current situation, since I live in a one bedroom apartment and couldn't fit a bigger tank (nor would the landlord allow it). I'm feeling terrible that they don't have the space they need, but I don't know anyone who could give them that, or who I would trust to take care of them any better than I can. Do any of you have advice on what I should do? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
A thirty gallon is fine! Your doing a great job. :)
BlueBettaSplendensLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #46 
LinkLover

Well there's three in there, and one is a common and two are (I believe) fancies. Unfortunately that's way too small for these guys, especially since they ideally belong in ponds. :/
Old 06-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #47 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Since two are fancies, those ones won't last in a pond in the winter. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #48 
Stone

Petco, and some LFS will take in and rehome fish, I just had to do it with a pleco and a rainbow shark, I had gotten those 2 fish with tank I bought off of craigslist, and I loved both the fish but I had to decide what was best for them and not just me being able to look at them and say my preciousesesesses, lol The aquarium in knoxville took them in and will rehome them
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #49 
LinkLover

Olympia, thank you very much for that information! Do you happen to know what the best setup for the fancies would be (like I said, I'm only assuming that's what they are)?

We have considered giving them to a pet store, but we don't exactly trust them to ensure they get a good home. We want to know exactly where they are going. That is our last resort if we can't find anything for them, since we couldn't give them a bigger tank for at least a year. Otherwise we would keep them no problem.

Edit: I just looked at some pictures, and I think they might actually be comets. But again, not totally sure. :P

Last edited by LinkLover; 06-08-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #50 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well the easiest way to tell is that fancies have two tails and comets have one tail. If you look at them from above it's pretty obvious.
Posted via Mobile Device