Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #1 
silver91

Unhappy in loving memory of Harold

Hello everyone..i'd like to share with you the wonderful experience i had with my little betta Harold. he was my very first fish, and it's thank to him that i discovered the beautiful world of aquariums..when i bought him i was living on my own and he was my only company,because i was living far from home, so we were almost always together..he was a blue crowntail and since the very first days i thought he was really special..you might think that it's stupid or impossible to establish a deep bond of friendship and love between a human and a fish, but i'm convinced that Harold and i did..he used to grab his food from my hand and let me touch him like he trusted me..he was the most beautiful and smartest fish i could ever meet in my life, i was enchanted when i used to spend hours watching him swimming so fluently and with such elegance..but unfortunately when i bought him i didn't know anything about how to keep a betta healthy, so he had to pay for my mistakes..in the latest months he was in a 60l tank on his own, he had all the space he was never given before, but he got dropsy and even though i knew there was a tiny chance to save him i tried every treatement i could..on 15 of february dropsy won and he left me..i did expect that, but it was horrible anyway..maybe a few people will understand how hard is to see your little friend suffering and then leaving, the pain for the loss..he was a friend to me, and i just wanted to give him a nice tribute because he gave me a lot when he was alive..he was not just a fish..i miss you :'(
Attached Images

silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #2 
EmmyFishyPoo

Im sorry for your loss :(
EmmyFishyPoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #3 
Agility4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver91 View Post
Hello everyone..i'd like to share with you the wonderful experience i had with my little betta Harold. he was my very first fish, and it's thank to him that i discovered the beautiful world of aquariums..when i bought him i was living on my own and he was my only company,because i was living far from home, so we were almost always together..he was a blue crowntail and since the very first days i thought he was really special..you might think that it's stupid or impossible to establish a deep bond of friendship and love between a human and a fish, but i'm convinced that Harold and i did..he used to grab his food from my hand and let me touch him like he trusted me..he was the most beautiful and smartest fish i could ever meet in my life, i was enchanted when i used to spend hours watching him swimming so fluently and with such elegance..but unfortunately when i bought him i didn't know anything about how to keep a betta healthy, so he had to pay for my mistakes..in the latest months he was in a 60l tank on his own, he had all the space he was never given before, but he got dropsy and even though i knew there was a tiny chance to save him i tried every treatement i could..on 15 of february dropsy won and he left me..i did expect that, but it was horrible anyway..maybe a few people will understand how hard is to see your little friend suffering and then leaving, the pain for the loss..he was a friend to me, and i just wanted to give him a nice tribute because he gave me a lot when he was alive..he was not just a fish..i miss you :'(
So sorry to hear about Harold. Sounds like you did all that you could.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #4 
mermaid77

I see you're from Italy so I'll start by saying mi dispiace...era un pesciolino davvero bellissimo...:( I think it's quite natural to be saddened by his passing...bettas are very endearing fish...I think of mine as a little aquatic puppy dog...personally I don't know how one wouldn't get attached to them...
Very nice tribute :)
mermaid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #5 
Tabbie82

SIP Harold. He was a beautiful CT. Sorry for your loss. I don't think it's stupid for you to have a bond with a fish. All my boys are my babies!
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #6 
silver91

thank you for all the replies and the nice words :')
silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #7 
Skyewillow

SIP Harold. I agree, it's so hard NOT to get attached to bettas!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote