Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #11 
jadaBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyD View Post
I have experience with those hot hands things and although they are good for pockets and gloves I'm not sure the heat transfer through the glass would be Significant enought to heat my tank. I guess if you got them on there fast enough they would keep the temperature from dropping to fast. I actually have some at my house in my camping equipment but I don't have any of the stickey toe warmers thought. Those might be easier to apply and would probably transfer heat better. The Foam cooler is a pretty good Idea too.

Fortunately my power came on last night. I did a 50% water change and the temperature came up from around 60 degrees to about 74 this morning. The fish seem happy. But as I was getting ready for work, the Power went out again. I'm hoping its just an hour or 2 at the most.

I actually wrote that you would consider floating them in plastic food storage containers or aquarium bags if they are not too hot so they are directly contacting the water. I suppose if you also put some inside your insulated cover it would heat even better.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #12 
Racoon293

If your reay interested in a generator check out Harbor Freight Tools. They sell a 800 watt generator that's really small and light weight. It's normally like $130 but they always have sales for it at $90. 800 watts is more than enough to run a heater, filter, an tank lights an also a table lamp or two so you can have some light.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote