Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #1 
aquaticlifelover

Exclamation Lethargic, Pale, Fin Rot, Heavy Breathing

hi everyone. last week i treated my male betta for bad finrot using maracyn 2. it worked okay and got the fins better, but theyre still tattered. i gave a new dosage and 100% water change every day so the meds wouldnt build up. now after the treatment is done, he seems lethargic, and pale. i also see very heavy breathing. he is in a heated one gallon cube with fake plants as well. the water is conditioned, and fine for my other bettas. should i start him on spring water? i let the tap water sit overnight too. do you think i should run out and buy a 2.5 gallon tank? i was planning on it soon anyways but maybe it would mean life or death to get it now!? ive been doing 50% changes every night as well to perk him up. the ammonia is fine. ive also been lowering the water level just incase its SBD, buti believe its not since i saved my other betta from it, and this isnt the same! he eats flakes, now, i know that not the best, but he wont touch pellets!! he also eats blood worms on wednesdays and gets fasted sundays. i also wanted to ass i have an anubus congensis plant that i can add if needed? thanks so much for your help!
aquaticlifelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #2 
callistra

I wouldn't change water sources.

Exactly how were you doing the large changes and acclimating after? He may just be really stressed from the changes and treatment.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #3 
aquaticlifelover

i realized i grabbed the wrong jug and used spring water, i think he was stressed. he seems to be doing better! thanks. do you think jungle fungus eliminator or whatever its called would take care of the fin rot for good?
aquaticlifelover is offline   Reply With Quote