Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #1 
PoissonsMom

Exclamation Is Hawk part chameleon?!?!?

So, as u all know, Hawk started out a black copper DRCT... Then turned red/black/orange marble.... Now look!!

These pics are about a week old, and now his whitish coloration is along the lower half of his body as well, and some of the red is now a bright red-orange! Will try 2 post more recent pics later 2day...
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #2 
Islandgaliam

Sure is a pretty betta :) I don't have a lot of experience, yet, but I do know they can change color. When I got Marshawn, he was blue/turqoise (got him in honor of Seahawks going to SuperBowl) and now he has a lot of red in him too. Prince Hendix has gotten darker in color, and Peechee is darker and now has turqoise color in her tail.
Islandgaliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #3 
PoissonsMom

Thank u!! I know they do sometimes change color, but his change has been sudden & drastic! I've never in my life heard of a betta change from black 2 mostly white w/ reddish-orange on the top half of his body & aside from red ventrals & a dark red tail, has reddish fringed fins!! Not sure if u checked out my albums, but here is what he USED 2 look like, plus his marble phase....

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\b lue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \uc0\u8234 http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...1394\uc0\u8236 }

Last edited by PoissonsMom; 05-25-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #4 
PoissonsMom

This is Hawk 2day..... (Don't mind the water scum... I haven't changed his water in a couple days :-/ )

Last edited by PoissonsMom; 05-26-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #5 
Islandgaliam

Wow, that is quite a change. Maybe you could send a message to one of the people on the Reference Team? Since joining the forum, I have had excellent help from lilnaugrim and Agent13 (along with many members). I would be very interested in the answer to this one.
Islandgaliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #6 
PoissonsMom

That makes 2 of us!! Lol
A couple months ago, I saw a koi betta 4 the first time & was telling my hubby about it.... maybe Hawk overheard the convo & decided 2 become one :P j/k...seriously tho, the way his coloration is looking, I'm beginning 2 wonder if he could have koi genes?!?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

^_^

As I was saying in the PM, he's a true Marble! Marbles generally go from a dark fish to a light color, sometimes yellow or red and then they can turn to anything, usually a piebald coloration or koi or just splotchy and then they can turn back to a solid and then back to their original color most of the time. Sometimes they stay a different color but it's all normal and healthy ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #8 
PoissonsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
^_^

As I was saying in the PM, he's a true Marble! Marbles generally go from a dark fish to a light color, sometimes yellow or red and then they can turn to anything, usually a piebald coloration or koi or just splotchy and then they can turn back to a solid and then back to their original color most of the time. Sometimes they stay a different color but it's all normal and healthy ^_^
Awesome!! He is a special fish 4 sure, lol... I thought I was getting my long searched 4 "black betta", and ended up w/ a marble instead!! Thx 4 clearing my confusion!!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:55 AM   #9 
aselvarial

Eh, he's just picking out what color he wanted to be. Apparently he's indecisive.
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote