Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #1 
TeteRouge

Frustrated lol. Can't Buy Bettas?

A venting session...

It seems I'm stymied on every avenue when it comes to getting the 2 HMPKs I'm looking for. I've never done aquabid or paypal before (I do Mastercard and Visa, ) nor bought anything living other than plants online. (liveaquaria and Dr F&S are great).

So I went online to a US store, sent one email pointing out the ones I was interested in. No answer for 10 days. By this time, the choice ones are gone. I may give them another chance. They do say to call is best, sometimes emails get lost in the deluge when a shipment arrives.

Next direct to Thai breeders. Lovely fish. lovely people. Sent inquiry to a couple of transshippers asking for an approximate quote. No answer. not even a "Sorry, we don't give quotes. When you have your seller, call". I would've been happy with that. I know they get a lot of time wasters. I am a Customer Service Rep, so I know how to write polite, businesslike inquiries and always do so. I only sent the one to each. I did not expect an immediate response, but its been over a week. No, I won't name names, lol. This is venting not bashing.

Sooo...on to bettafish classified. Be nice to give a fellow member business, anyway :) I'd even join Paypal. I have used it through my credit card before without membership, but hey, why not? Oh...? What...? You have to have at least 100 posts to use classifieds...? Well, that'll take another four months. I'm not a mod/admin, so I don't need to post that much. Besides, I have other things to do.

Well, lets go to AquaBid! I don't do Ebay, either, but there is the "buy it now" button, and I can stick with US Sellers... Ok, registration? Easy, just like many others. Agree to rules? Sure. "Your registration has been sent" Yes! oh it may take 24hrs to get confirmation and password? ok. Waited 24 hrs. Nothing. Checked email setting. Yep, spam blocker off. FAQ- click on "Forgot Password" as per instruction (never got one to begin with, but..) "Your password sent" Yay! (It may take 15 min..? ok..) Its been 18 hrs. Nothing. OK, tried "Forgot name? Type in email" and yes! it showed me my screenname right there on the webpage! Still no confirmation. Filled out a request for help on the webpage. "Your message sent!" 4 hours later, and 48 after registering....nothing.

So Chard56, that FireDragon HMPK ? I woulda bought it. "Buy now" even. He's beautiful. Sloey956, those Turquoise Dragons? . Love 'em! Would have even done a pair. I can always find room, lol. I have 4 tanks, my 29 SA has been going for 15 years. I have a nano 8 shrimper, 10g dwarf cichlid and a filtered, planted, 3x divided 10g with 2 empty spots waiting to be filled....

Sigh.
Just venting.

Last edited by TeteRouge; 03-09-2013 at 05:53 PM.
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #2 
GoodMorning

you need 100 posts to post in classifieds, but you can still PM (private message) the seller and ask to buy.

sometimes i prefer visiting the local pet stores rather than ordering online, lol. Isn't there a pet store around you? Petsmart, petco, pet land, etc...lol. or any small private aquarium pet stores, some of them do carry nice variety of bettas.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #3 
TeteRouge

Thanks for reponse to the vent . Well, the sellers don't necessarily use the same screen names on this site as they do on AB if they are on here. Oh yes, we do have Petsmart/co etc around. And they do have some nice Bettas. As a matter of fact, some of theirs are what got me interested. The EE in my avatar came from Petco. Studying the types now available have made me want something very specific, though. Grade A HMPK Dragon: single color good , bi-color or mustard-gas type even better. Not so available in LFS, I'm afraid. And I've spent hours driving around looking.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #4 
Skyewillow

they may not use the same names on here and on there, but you could possibly set up a private sale with them via PM.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #5 
TeteRouge

Interesting thought, thanks! I'll keep an eye out on classifieds, I did see Junglist's beauties. The steel blue really caught my eye, but it was already promised. As far as the ones on AB, I'd have to know what their screen name is on here. Until the glitch with AB is fixed I can't message them there.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #6 
TeteRouge

Yay! Aquabid webmaster/customer service came through! I have a password! Thanks, Mark! lol, of course not before I ended up rescuing a couple from Petco.. a plakat and a double tail, ROFL..Oh well, maybe these guys needed rescuing. And I still have room :) And now I have AB