Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1 
Artemis

What am I?

First intro to me: I have had bettas before but not very many only 2. I died over vacation, another one old age at the age of 3+. I know way more about goldfish, then I do bettas. I got this new guy at Petco. He is in a 2.5 gal tank with 1 ghost shrimp but another will be added soon. It is the Aqueon MiniBow 2.5 it has a filter with a sponge, lighting and a hood. I'm putting gravel in tonight or tomorrow. He gets fed once or twice a day on TetraMin Tropical Flakes right now but I am getting Betta food soon and maybe glass gravel instead of my natural stones. He has a banana plant, a piece of petrified wood holding down a large broad leaved plant and some floating ones, no fakes. Too much detail I know. What do you think he is color/pattern wise?

He is a halfmoon double tail plakat male. Very unusual I believe. He has a gorgeous stained glass tail and fins with a brown body and slight orange hues.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Hard to tell from those pics. Flakes are bad, I suggest nls betta or omega one. Does he have a heater?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #3 
Artemis

Yes a 50 watt. Is that to much? I need to check temps. The Omega pellets?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

50 is generally fine, you should be able to adjust it.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #5 
MoonShadow

Can you get clearer pictures? Are his fins red and yellow? He looks like hes really pretty! I agree about the food, tetra is not a good brand anyway, Look for Omega one or New Life Spectrum
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #6 
Artemis

The 50 watt is a Tetra Submersible Heater that keeps the water at 78 except the light on the tank keeps the water to warm at 82. He sits at the bottom although he made a small bubble nest in the cool hours last night. He won't eat yet though he may be adjusting (what do you think), we will find our betta food soon.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #7 
Artemis

Update time! His name is Rossi. He beat himself up on something. Wake up one morning and he has a piece missing from his dorsal, a dent in one side and some bashes along the other side. The broad leaf plant began to rot so I tossed it out, I have smelled 3 day old rotting mouse, it was worse then that. I got clearer pics, he is either a super delta at like 170 degrees plus or a halfmoon, I think the latter. COlorwise however, he stumps me.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #8 
Artemis

Can aynone help?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #9 
Luimeril

it's looking fuzzy. add a teaspoon of Aquarium salt per gallon of water in his tank, into a cup of water, mix till it's dissolved, and add it slowly to his tank. i usually pour in a little at a time over the course of an hour or so. it'll help get rid of the fuzzies. otherwise, don't need to add anything to his water to help it heal. :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #10 
Artemis

Oh I know that, I mean on what he is. It is KILLING me. He only got in a wreck Sunday, it hasn't grown or shrunk any.