Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #1 
Emstrak

Thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you for the great information on betttas. I will admit that I ignorantly bought a betta (my seven year old son named him Carl)and a teeny tiny betta kit thinking that was all he needed. I think the bowl was less than 1/2 gallon. After a couple of days, he just looked so sad. I started googling betta fish care and came accross this forum. I realized that 1 - he was in wayyy too small of a tank and 2 - his water was extremely cold. I went out and got Carl everything he needed. In just a few days, Carl has become one happy fish. Even his color is much more vibrant.

Thanks again for all of the great information.
Emstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #2 
Laki

YAY
This site helped me too, way back in 2011. I bought the .5 "kit" too. Congrats! Would love to meet Carl.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

Glad you found the info. you needed & made improvements. Would love to see a pic of Carl.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 
Emstrak

I will work on snapping a pic of him tomorrow. He's a feisty so I might have to catch him while he's resting. ha ha
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #5 
ZubinBetta

Please don't list those 1/2G bowls on Craigslist or give them away to Goodwill; they need to be taken out of commission and kept out of the hands of anyone who might put a betta inside. So convert them into terraria for air plants, or habitats for Marimo moss balls, which will do well in a small space with regular water changes.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #6 
Emstrak

I'm going to keep it in case I need to do a full water change or need to house him somewhere temporarily. Also, we are working on upgrading to a lovely 29 gallon tank and putting Carl in that with some compatible fish so it may be good to keep the extra tanks in case we need to give Carl medicine or separate him temporarily. I definitely would not advocate the use of the small tank for a long term home. :(
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #7 
Laki

I kept my .5 for that reason. I kept assassin snails in it for a while now I use it for water changes on the shrimp tank and it's around for hospital :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #8 
Blue Fish

:) Yay! This is a wonderful site, I learned a great deal here too. :) I had no idea I was torturing my bettas with airstones, those poor fishies!

Glad Carl is happy in his new home! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote