Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #61 
trilobite

lol wut?
How did this argument even pop up?

" ...mis-information on it lets just all make up things and post them as fact....challenge any post where people are providing falsehoods" I fail to see where any falsehoods have been provided. Simply people stating their opinion on a $500 fish.

I like the fish but would never buy him. Even if it was my perfect dream fish and the breeder spent blood sweat and tears to make it, I would never pay that much for a fish.
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #62 
Skyewillow

Trilobite- that gif makes me giggle every time! XD

Stone- I think you're just looking for a fight. I've yet to see where Mattsbettas has gone off topic at all, let alone anywhere for you to be going off on tangents and tantrums. Neither fish posted in this thread can be shown, because they're not sanctioned.

NOW, before you get your knickers in a twist, EVERYONE who has pointed THAT out, has said he's a nice fish. Giant or no, and YOU'VE admitted that the pricing was a bit too steep for the average keeper/breeder, and you (after stating the fish was priceless) put YOUR personal pricetag on him.

Quit jumping on Mattsbettas, whatever your vendetta against him is, it's getting old, really quick. You keep derailing to attack him, let me give you something to think about:
HE'S NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THIS FISH ISN'T WORTH $500!!! Someone else posted the thread, and it's fairly unanimous (yourself included) that this giant salamander halfmoon betta splendens (I think I covered all of it) isn't worth what they're asking.

Deal with it!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #63 
trilobite

Haha me too! It seems to suit the occasion quite well. Just making a mess of something innocent for no reason. Never say no to panda!
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #64 
Skyewillow

I ain't scurred!! Bad Panda! You pick up my groceries! -glare-

(I love that last little kick that he gives it too! XD)
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #65 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post

Stone- I think you're just looking for a fight.
Maybe he/she knows the breeder and feels defensive?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #66 
caissacrowntails

now this is weird..how come from discussing a "$500 fish" now it seems like continuous "unhealthy debate"? even seem to "mock each other"?, IMO, whatever the price a seller ask for his goods ( in this case..a betta fish ), it's up to him/her..reasonable or not, will be up to buyers. just fyi, in Indonesia..the highest price ( which is still a record up till now ) for a betta is..almost US$ 1500, and no I'm not kidding and I don't make this up. was that guy who bought it crazy? maybe ( I dunno the guy personally ), was he just bragging to show he has a lot of money? again..maybe..but whatever his reason was..it was his money. Everyone has their own standard in how much they're willing to pay to buy a fish..and how does it sounds IF I say..."hey look at this crowntail on aquabid..the seller wants 10 US$ for it..I think it's not worth it, looks like a crap compared to mine, I can get one like that for less than 0.5 US$ here." Probably some will start to criticize, say I'm "cocky", and all that..but I'm not the one who's judging how much other's fish worth LOL.
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #67 
LittleBlueFishlets

Someone paid almost $1500 USD for a betta? Does anyone have a picture of him? (The fish, I mean. Not the purchaser! )
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #68 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Someone paid almost $1500 USD for a betta? Does anyone have a picture of him? (The fish, I mean. Not the purchaser! )
well no I don't have the picture of that pricey betta, and actually I don't really care how it looked like LOL, but if u think that's crazy...what about trading a brand new car for a Zebra dove ( Geopelia striata )? And a pair of the first "cooper/gold" betta were sold for how much? around 1k US$ if I'm not mistaken. All I'm trying to say is..crazy as it seem, it happened. Antiques, paintings, stamps, and in this case bettas. It's all about how much someone willing to spend on something he/she likes. And on the seller part, it's all about how much he/she thinks "acceptable" as compensation for his/her "hardwork" in "creating" or "acquiring" the "goods". So, basically, if someone say.."nah, am not gonna buy that for such price" well, it's up to him/her. Just remember that it's also up to the seller how much he/she wants for his/her "goods". Honestly, before I start breeding, I was thinking " oh come on...such price for such fish?" then a senior breeder reply me with.."u think it's price too high?, then here's your opportunity..breed for me such fish for such price, I'll buy from you. "
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #69 
CrazyDiamond

Sweet baby Jesus that is an expensive fish o.O I looked through that guy's auctions and he has one with a $1000 reserve too with a $1500 Buy Now option, also black also EE so idk if he is even fertile . . . who would buy that?
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote