Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 AM   #1 
bettacrazygirl86

Eating off my finger!

I just got Tiny Tina to eat off my finger! She doesn't need crumbled up pellets anymore, since she grew so much since I got her a month ago, more or less. Now she eats whole pellets, but I usually just drop them in front of her. But lately, she's been looking ready to jump for the food when she knows it's food time! So I decided to try feeding her with my finger, and she ate two! Well, kinda. The first one accidentally fell off my finger, so she just ate it. xD The second one, she ate, and the third one, she missed and actually went for my finger, so I got the pellet off and moved my finger away so she could find it. xD

I'd try it with Patriot but he's huge and I' kinda afraid he'll eat me... >w>;
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #2 
buzzybeeme13

well it depends on ow many you feed her? how many ? if you feed her alot in on day she might be used to it you shouldn't feed her off your finger because thats how they train them sometimes btw she isn't attacking you and if feed her too much she might ge fat one pellet a day depends on how tiny XD look at this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1lqsYeIi7c

Last edited by buzzybeeme13; 03-15-2013 at 07:57 PM.
buzzybeeme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #3 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybeeme13 View Post
well it depends on ow many you feed her? how many ? if you feed her alot in on day she might be used to it you shouldn't feed her off your finger because thats how they train them sometimes btw she isn't attacking you and if feed her too much she might ge fat one pellet a day depends on how tiny XD look at this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1lqsYeIi7c
I feed her 3 pellets in the morning and 3 before bed.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #4 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I always hand-feed my fish, either off my finger or a toothpick depending on the food. This keeps them responsive and tame, and allows me to get a close-up look at them and their behavior.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #5 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
I always hand-feed my fish, either off my finger or a toothpick depending on the food. This keeps them responsive and tame, and allows me to get a close-up look at them and their behavior.
I think it's kinda "dangerous" to feed them with a toothpick, rather use cotton buds instead.
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #6 
buzzybeeme13

but it might cause constipation if too much . i feed mine 1 pellet in morning and at night but i herd that for there veggies to feed them peas look at this video :3 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1IfJefXLnU
buzzybeeme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #7 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
It's a good bonding experience. :) It shows that they trust us enough to put our hands near them and not be afraid that we might hurt them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybeeme13 View Post
but it might cause constipation if too much . i feed mine 1 pellet in morning and at night but i herd that for there veggies to feed them peas look at this video :3 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1IfJefXLnU
It won't cause constipation. A lot of other betta keepers feed their fish 6 pellets a day. :)