Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #1 
kimt

Different personalities

I am so enchanted by my bettas personalities. I just got my second one two days ago. The first one loves flakes and hates the pellets. The new one rejected the flakes in favor of pellets. Both will eat MY weight in blood worms if I let them Both are very personable. Whenever I go by their tanks, they swim up to greet me. My first one built his first bubble nest night before last. I was so proud!
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #2 
xShainax

My betta's love both. xD
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #3 
sainthogan

My female LOVES flakes, but I only feed them to her as a treat. She loves to hunt and the flakes float in a pattern down to the tank bottom and she loves chasing them, then digging for them in the gravel.
My male hates flakes and bloodworms, but love pellets. He will also swim away after his 3 pellets per feeding and ignore any other pellets that may be in his tank. He hates chasing after his food and if it sinks from the surface, he ignores it. He also will only eat pellets that have immediately been added to the tank and will ignore any that have been there for longer than a few seconds, I guess he doesn't like soggy pellets.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #4 
Janan

I am new to the forum and this is my first betta, named Leo. He won my heart because he kept his eyes on me the whole time, swimming to meet me, begging "pick me!" "pick me!"

Since I brought him home (just three days ago) he continues to be enamored with me. He might be lazing around and as soon as I turn my head toward him, he heads straight for me and gives me a great show of fins with dips and dives. If I wiggle my fingers at him, he wiggles his body. We're a great team!

But best of all, he lets me touch him. He is totally fearless, whatever I put in his tank, he follows me putting it in, curious. If it's just my finger, he is just as curious. I slowly move to touch him and he only backs away when I actually touch him. But he doesn't leave, he just moves away.

I attach a picture because I can't seem to get a picture in my avatar. Maybe it's because I have a Mac. I've resized the photo, but still no go. If there is a thread here that will help me, please let me know.

Also, I was told he might be a Delta or a Butterfly. I would like to know more, like what color is he? I've looked at picture after picture and don't find one like him.

Anyway, Leo and I are great friends and I hope it stays that way.

Blessings,
Janan

Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #5 
veilmist

Mine loves pellets (but come on he's a petco betta, most of them aren't picky.) However my mom's EE is extremely friendly and swims much more than my VT. I love seeing the different personalities.
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote