Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #11 
Chevko

@tekkguy
I don't have any just yet, I'm just hunting around to figure out precisely what all I need for the final bit of setup since I have my potting mix. Just need to buy some more sand to put up some walls for aesthetics and a cap and the plants. Currently trying to figure out exactly which plants I want to put in besides Anubias on a stick.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #12 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevko View Post
@tekkguy
I don't have any just yet, I'm just hunting around to figure out precisely what all I need for the final bit of setup since I have my potting mix. Just need to buy some more sand to put up some walls for aesthetics and a cap and the plants. Currently trying to figure out exactly which plants I want to put in besides Anubias on a stick.
Don't worry about fertilizers yet. Figure out your plants first, the substrate you are using etc. It sounds like you're using dirt? If so, you don't want root tabs at all to be honest.

If you go overboard on fertilization, you will do nothing but grow algae. Better to get the contents figured out, then think about ferts. I have some tanks that do GREAT without any fertilization at all.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #13 
Chevko

Ooh, okay :o I was thinking about just getting things setup then finding the tabs but I wasn't very confident on it.

Do you have any suggestions on plants for me? I've asked in another thread but got nothing back at all. Currently I only have a dedicated 9 watt Glentronics lamp, but it's at a window where it gets partial morning/early afternoon light as well as from a 13 watt energy saver bulb in the late afternoon/evening. Would you say for plants it'd be totally low-light or some that are low/moderate?
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #14 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevko View Post
Ooh, okay :o I was thinking about just getting things setup then finding the tabs but I wasn't very confident on it.

Do you have any suggestions on plants for me? I've asked in another thread but got nothing back at all. Currently I only have a dedicated 9 watt Glentronics lamp, but it's at a window where it gets partial morning/early afternoon light as well as from a 13 watt energy saver bulb in the late afternoon/evening. Would you say for plants it'd be totally low-light or some that are low/moderate?
Crypts are good. Java fern. Mosses. Anubias. I also grow purple cabomba, ludwigia, hydrocotyle japan, bacopa australis. All of these grow fine in low light.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
api root tabs, root tabs, seachem flourish tabs