Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #1 
Xaltd1

Setting Up Drip System

WARNING: SUPER NOOB question!!!!

I set up a 10 gal spawning tank (see breeder's category for details).
Anyway, IF I actually get a spawn, the water has to be changed 50% per day. All sources say to set up "a drip system" to add water (how do you remove the water???)
I confess, here and now, I don't know what a drip system is, nor how to set one up. I know I need tubing & some sort of air pump(???).

Can someone give me the "complete idiot" instructions,or direct me to a link?

Also, there has to be a way to hook up a water-in version. If I had 2 5 gal buckets, one empty & one w/ treated water, could I set up a gradual water change set-up?

I have lots of tubing, some valves (what they're for IDK but I bought them just in case) and 3 air pumps...

Help!!!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

i dunno oO
maybe two 5 gallon buckets, tie a knot in the airline and siphon-drip water into the tank, whilst another line with a knot in it is siphoning out?

just a guess :P you should let the experts guide you ^_^mayne you should post this in the betta breeding section
ao is online now   Reply With Quote