Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #1 
EmmyFishyPoo

Talking New Dragonscale MG marble!!!!

*girly squeal!!!!* So last weekend I wandered (tehe) into petland and GAAAAH! They had dragonscales!!! I found this one boy I loved! Hes in a 1.5g with two plants (and soon a planters pot). Here he is :D
Sorry about the head turners and the poo-ey quality of some pictures (cell phone cameras)
Name:  20130310_165733.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  33.7 KB
Still in petland
Name:  20130310_230305.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  43.4 KB
Checking out the snail
Name:  20130310_230310.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  20130310_230357.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  20130311_161211.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  20130311_161327.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  43.9 KB
Checking out his new home :3
Name:  20130303_121558.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  36.6 KB
Still in the store
Name:  20130303_121621.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  40.5 KB
So am I right hes a dragonscale AND marble AND MG.... and veiltail/plakat?
Thanks guys!!! :)
ALSO- NaMe SuGgEsTiOnS are apreciated :)

Last edited by EmmyFishyPoo; 03-11-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error :P
EmmyFishyPoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #2 
caissacrowntails

I think he's a HMPK..and if u're talking about "aquabid" terms..this one often called "fancy"..mostly "dragon" x marble mix. just my 2 cents though :) *added and if u can find betta food that contains "spirulina" and krill or shrimp..try to feed him that..I think he has some yet to be "discovered" color surprise in store LOL

Last edited by caissacrowntails; 03-11-2013 at 08:51 PM.
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #3 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nice fish! Definatly a dragon scale marble bicolor pla kat, not a mustard gas.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #4 
callistra

gorgeous fish! congrats :)
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #5 
EmmyFishyPoo

AWWWE! My boys fancy! <3 cute :) and thank you you guys :) but cassiacrowntails, he doesnt look all like... impressive when he flares like the fancy HMPKs on AB... that said ive only seen him flare twice :p He doesnt seem all that agressive. I hope its not cause hes stressed :/ Its hard to tell if his color is faded becuse the pics I took in the petstore where in better lighting and show his color better.
I will try to pic up the food on the weekend :D Would blood worms bring out color too? they are the most common here.
Thank you you guys for all the sweet comments... im quite a suck about my fish <3
ps Ill try to get a better pic of his flare in the next couple days
Old 03-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #6 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyFishyPoo View Post
AWWWE! My boys fancy! <3 cute :) and thank you you guys :) but cassiacrowntails, he doesnt look all like... impressive when he flares like the fancy HMPKs on AB... that said ive only seen him flare twice :p He doesnt seem all that agressive. I hope its not cause hes stressed :/ Its hard to tell if his color is faded becuse the pics I took in the petstore where in better lighting and show his color better.
I will try to pic up the food on the weekend :D Would blood worms bring out color too? they are the most common here.
Thank you you guys for all the sweet comments... im quite a suck about my fish <3
ps Ill try to get a better pic of his flare in the next couple days
I don't think he's in his top form yet..try to flare him using mirror for about say..15 minutes daily if possible ( DON'T flare him to bigger dark color male betta if u have any ), blood worm also good. I think betta actually need various kind of food to grow to their full potential. I fed my bettas live food (mosquito larvae, tubifex worm and daphnia) and sometimes frozen bloodworm or even shrimps ( peel the "skin", dip them in boiled hot water to sterilize and put them in food processor or chop them to tiny pieces according to your fish' mouth). Am not an expert or anything, but I think if u really take care of him well..I will bet he will "outshine" most of other bettas here LOL.
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #7 
Tabbie82

He is very, very pretty! I love the yellow color. Congratulations on your new addition.
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #8 
EmmyFishyPoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caissacrowntails View Post
I don't think he's in his top form yet..try to flare him using mirror for about say..15 minutes daily if possible ( DON'T flare him to bigger dark color male betta if u have any ), blood worm also good. I think betta actually need various kind of food to grow to their full potential. I fed my bettas live food (mosquito larvae, tubifex worm and daphnia) and sometimes frozen bloodworm or even shrimps ( peel the "skin", dip them in boiled hot water to sterilize and put them in food processor or chop them to tiny pieces according to your fish' mouth). Am not an expert or anything, but I think if u really take care of him well..I will bet he will "outshine" most of other bettas here LOL.
Thank you! :D the last comment really had me coo-ing :) So I will pick up the food this weekend :) And the flaring for fifteen minutes thing.... Well i chase him (not literally) around with the mirror and all he does is a little shimmy sorta and pecks at his reflecton :P is this bad? btw im not planning on breeding or showing him so as long as hes happy and healthy im happy :)
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #9 
EmmyFishyPoo

and thank you very very much tabbie82 :)
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #10 
EmmyFishyPoo

Oh and is there anyway to tell his age? hes quite small and very active and curious :)