Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

My new hospital tank $10 2gal-Is 15 watt heater ok?

I got this at Walmart it's actually for food storage and comes with a lid (which I won't use since it's pretty airtight). I had bought another 5 gallon aquarium also $10.00 but decided with the frequent water changes this would be good. The 15 watt heat is a flat heater not adjustable. I don't think I want much gravel in the tank (this could change if it's best) I am worried this is too much for two gallons since it heats 5gallons.
I also am wondering if the fish could burn itself if it's not buried. I am treating for fin rot. This is it:

http://gifninja.com/animated-gifs/539863/hosptial-tank

If you want this jar for temporary housing of a bettai t's in the houseware section. This is the specifics and a picture:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Anchor-Hoc...h-Lid/16486707
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #2 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I use 5quart plastic buckets and just crank the heat in my room for fish hospitalization.

I can keep water temperatures at a toasty 80 degrees Fahrenheit that way. I overheat, but meh ... details.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

Well for whatever reason it will only reach 78 degrees rather than the 82 it normally gets to. Go figure? I turned it on a couple of hours ago. It might need more time.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote