Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1 
DizzyD

Fairwell Sir Reginald

I just wanted to say a little something about my Betta Sir Reginald. He was a good fish. Sometimes no matter how hard you try to give them a better home and make everything perfect for them, a little power outage can kill them.

During the recent snow storm, our power went out at the house. I waited a few hours because the house actually stayed fairly warm. When the water temp hit 70 I decided I should try to get the heater going. I pulled my truck around back to my window and plugged in an inverter and got the heater going. then I started looking for Sir Reginald. By this time it was fairly late so there was no sun light coming in, so i was using a flash light to locate him. Un fortunately when I found him he was stuck in the tube for my sponge filter. I guess when the bubbles stopped he decided to check it out. I'm not sure how long he was in there, it couldn't have been too long because I was checking him every hour or 2 but I guess it doesn't take long...

Fairwell Sir reginald. you were a good fish. Never a picky eater and never a sour sport about my learning curves. I hope you enjoy yourself in pet heaven.
DizzyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #2 
DragonFyre14

I'm so sorry for your loss. But hey, at least he got a good life with an owner who truly cared about him.
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #3 
LyraDove

I went away for an afternoon and overnight...and I came back, looked in the bowl and hollered, Where's my fishy? Her name was Sweetheart, although towards the end of her tragically short life, I renamed her, Bitey :)
She was cute and curious. In my absence, I guess she went exploring. One mighty jump...
She was on the carpet, long gone, poor little thing. I have a new female, and I made a little net for over her bowl. Even worms can learn!
RIP, little friend. I'll miss you :(
LyraDove is offline   Reply With Quote