Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 
Bombalurina

Maybe this will help

I'm not great shakes at keeping journals on paper. Maybe this one will work out better. Even if nobody reads it, it will be nice to write things down, I suppose.

What's happening today? Well, it's Wednesday the 14th here in Australia, and I am allegedly writing my property law assignment (clearly I'm writing this instead). It is pretty interesting - it's about adverse possession (squatter's rights) and the policy considerations behind it, and whether it is still a good idea in a system of land registration. I don't think it is. Back when land wasn't registered, it had a lot more use, but these days it just doesn't seem fair.

In just under an hour I have to leave for a tutorial on Jane Austen at uni. I love the course, love JA (except for Emma) and I love my tutor, so it should be good.

This evening I've got jujitsu. I went back last week for the first time in 11 months after some glandular fever and procrastination. Unfortunately, my first night back was a fitness test, and I didn't perform too well. It involves seeing how reps of a certain exercise you can do in a minute. In this case, we had to try push-ups (26), sit-ups (23), squats (3) and over-unders, where you leapfrog over your partner then commando crawl back through their legs. I did one over-under, then my burning limbs simply refused to lift me again. I've never experienced muscle fatigue quite like it. Then we did a lot of boxing, which is also exhausting.
By the time we got to actual jujitsu techniques, I was in agony. Unfortunately, my sparring partner is a good 6 foot tall (I'm 5' 10") and 90+kg. I'm 70. I simply couldn't get him off the ground to throw him - most of the time, I fell over too.

Here's hoping tonight is less pain, more gain.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #2 
Bombalurina

Blergh, drank an iced coffee a bit too quickly there. Feel sick. :(

Time to play Batman: Arkham City! I've finished the main story mode on easy. This time I am going through on normal, but trying to solve all the side missions and Riddler challenges along the way. More points = earlier upgrades, and far less time just being bored zipping tediously around after the game. I've done the Advanced Augmented Reality Training (so annoying!) and answered all of Zsaz's calls (also annoying) but I need another upgrade (Freeze Blast) before I can take him down.
Also having fun reading two Batman comics lent to me by a friend: War Crimes and Dark Victory.

Happy little geek = me. :)
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #3 
Aus

Quote:
Time to play Batman: Arkham City!
Oooh! I want that game so bad!

Nothing makes me happier than that little bit of Lovecraft crossover in Batman.

Geeks. We are numerous.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #4 
Bombalurina

GET THE GAME. It is massively frustrating and much harder than AA first time around, but I'm loving it the second time. There are too many Riddler trophies though. If you care about acheivements you will spend more time trying to get all 400 of them than you will playing the game.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #5 
Aus

Quote:
If you care about acheivements you will spend more time trying to get all 400 of them than you will playing the game.
I'm one of those people who -have- to complete every single challenge, easter egg hunt and miniquest before I kill off the last boss.

I just finished FFXII (yes, I'm a bit behind the times..) and was wondering what to do next - and now I know! Cheers!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #6 
Bombalurina

Tip: if you want to finish all the acheivements before the final boss, you need to do it before the Wonder Tower mission. After that, you are given a time limit to get to the next boss fight. You can do most of them....argh, I can't say that without spoilers. Let me know how you do so I can tell you. :p

Le sigh. Didn't make it to jujitsu last night after all, because the sickness turned into dizziness and shakiness as well. No idea what that's about. Not looking forward to essays today and work tonight as for some reason I didn't get to sleep until after 0130. And it's raining...maybe I just ought to wuss out of uni altogether today and focus on essays instead...
Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #7 
Bombalurina

Well, I slept better last night, though I'm still somewhat exhausted this morning. Work was relatively stress-less, mostly because our two worst children were absent. I had to buy bread from their mother this morning (she works at a bakery), which was somewhat awkward.

Picked up 14 books on Oscar Wilde so I can write my research essay...so many books. And our furniture arrived for the front room! Yay!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

Phew...I had to work yesterday for two hours, but got through that. Didn't get any study done, though.
I got heaps of study done today (finished week 5 reading for Property and got some of LDM done). Hopefully I can finish that tomorrow and work on my assignments.

I am currently grabbing as many Catwoman trophies as possible before I carry on with the main mission, though I'm not sure of the point since I have now utilised all available upgrades. I really want to get the Nightwing DLC...

We have the pond, so hopefully I will be able to set it up soon, work permitting!

I'm re-reading the Reason for God, by Tim Keller. It is such a good book on the main philosophical objections to Christianity (intolerance, hell, suffering, brainwashing etc). I love it and I think anyone who has ever been interested in or had objections to Christianity should read it. :)
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

Well, last night I finished Batman: Arkham City's main storyline on normal. Now I'm running round trying to finish it 100% - challenges, trophies, the lot.

Today I managed to finish all of Week 5 reading for Property and Litigation, but I forgot to go to my chiropracter appointment. I called and apologised and they let me rebook for midday. I shall take them a balloon flower.

This afternoon I shall clean my fish (again...can't wait for the bigger tank so I only have to clean once a week!) and the boys, and work on an essay. Which one? No idea.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #10 
Bombalurina

Well, I didn't get around to cleaning my fish yesterday, but I did it today. Last night at CDAS I got talked into (not difficult) buying a pair of male gardneri killies, Titus and Andronicus. The whole club is curious to see how they go with my sorority.

If things are still going well next month and I have the big tank, I will ask the guy who bred them if I can purchase some females and make killi babies. :D I'll be giving my crystal red shrimp to a friend (they simply aren't thriving in my tank) so I'll have a spare tank to use for raising killi fry.
Various websites are telling me that it is bad to have two males in a tank and that they can terrorise fish like guppies. The breeder assured me they'd be fine in a standard community though. This is goign to be very interesting.

I have seen Titus this morning during my water change, but no sign of Andronicus so far. Titus hasn't coloured up yet, so I think the bettas think he is a kind of Endler (he does look like an Endler girl at the moment). He's pretty shy and is still hiding, so I'm hoping Andronicus is doing the same. The back half of the tank is covered in clingfilm to stop jumping and the front half is blocked by the light, so hopefully he won't just leap out.

He should look something like this: http://www.freshwater-tropical-fish-...killifish.html eventually.

Hmm, chiropractor appointment today, an English lecture I may or may not go to, not sure, and an English tutorial I have to. Jujitsu tonight. I hope I feel well enough to go this week - I'm still feeling pretty pukey. It may have been dehydration though. I'm desperately trying to drink 2 litres a day of water now to combat that, but it isn't helping much yet.