Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #11 
kyle89

Seachem is a aquarium chemical brand. They make prime which is a awesome water conditioner! Am for heater your gonna want a 50 to 150 depending on tank size
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #12 
Lisa Ann

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
Seachem is a aquarium chemical brand. They make prime which is a awesome water conditioner! Am for heater your gonna want a 50 to 150 depending on tank size
Thanks and awesome signature by the way :)
Lisa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #13 
kyle89

Thanks squishy is our fishes name! Also when you get the master test kit make sure its liquid and not the test strips
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #14 
Lisa Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
Thanks squishy is our fishes name! Also when you get the master test kit make sure its liquid and not the test strips
What an awesome name for a betta...I had a little trouble with naming mine..
Old 03-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #15 
Lisa Ann

Arrow So.....I finally got my tank

I finally got my tank ... :/ like I said it was free from someone I know. I only got a short description from a source that was not her...come to find out its a 40 gallon tank..with a bad seal..so my amazing husband is going to fix it for me :) ..... unfortunately it's gonna be a while before I can get it going where it can be usable and safe for my fishies :) ....What size heater and filter will I need?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #16 
Bombalurina

I tend to go by the ratings on filters to let me see what I need, then go a little bit over (for instance, I am running my 16 gallon on a filter rated for 30 gallons, the Hagen Fluval U2, because the next size down is a 15 gallon....which I later bought and added anyway because extra filtraton never hurts :p). Unfortunately I can't help with brands, being a foreigner, but hopefully someone else will weigh in. :)

For a heater - 5 watts per gallon. You'd be looking at a 200watt heater. Of course, it never hurts to get one that is a little overpowered (much better than underpowered!) as it doesn't have to work as hard to heat the tank. :)

And 40 gallons?! So very jealous. Divided, that's two very nice betta+community tanks, or one betta+community and one sorority. :D
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #17 
Lisa Ann

Awesome thanks for the info :) my new 40gallon tank needs quite a few things including a new sealing job before I can use it. But I know how awesome it'll be when I'm done, I'm so excited :)