Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #21 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticstorm View Post
Agreed! When I was pouring water out, I was so scared that he was going to jump out since the bag is so small.
I also had a fish release HIMSELF into the tank he was floating in.....I think I'd added one lot of aquarium water into his little bag and the next thing I knew he was loose in the tank!

And this is Pumpkin now (does anyone get an orange betta and NOT call it Pumpkin?)....none the worse for it.
Attached Images

Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #22 
NHBettaGirl

Good to know guys, thank you for the heads up. I have to say I'm a bit nervous about getting them settled in safe. I know bettas are pretty hardy though so I'm going to do my best and hope for the best outcome!

ETA: Pumpkin is very lovely btw.
NHBettaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #23 
majesticstorm

Pumpkin is gorgeous! :D He wanted to get out of that little bag ASAP. XD

NHBettaGirl, I was like that too. Just keep calm, follow the instructions, take your time, and they'll be happy in their new home before you know it :) When next week are they going to arrive?
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #24 
NHBettaGirl

I'm not sure exactly, they get to the transshipper on the 16th and then he ships to me so I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday probably, maybe Wed if he waits until Mon to ship them.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #25 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBettaGirl View Post
I'm not sure exactly, they get to the transshipper on the 16th and then he ships to me so I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday probably, maybe Wed if he waits until Mon to ship them.
He'd have to wait until Monday to ship them, so hopefully you'll have them by Tues....Wed at the very latest. My last shipment was a day late!!! I was freaking out!!!! And I'm in Canada and it's winter....lol....I was convinced I would be receiving little bags of fish popsicles! But, apart from the 3 DOA, the rest were all fine....the heat packs were still warm even after an extra 24 hours.

So, really hoping all goes well for you and can't wait to see pics! (and I'm glad you like Pumpkin; he's one of my favs).
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #26 
Picasso84

Good Luck! And can't wait to see pics!! :) I have been thinking of ordering a betta off aquabid... But I need to do more research on the whole thing first! Lol I'm a little worried that it will be like opening flood gates... In that right now, its more difficult to order from Aquabid, b/c I haven't done it yet, but once I do, I'll be like oh, that was easy... What's one more?! Lol

Anyone know of any Betta Addicts Anonymous meetings? Lol
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #27 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso84 View Post
Good Luck! And can't wait to see pics!! :) I have been thinking of ordering a betta off aquabid... But I need to do more research on the whole thing first! Lol I'm a little worried that it will be like opening flood gates... In that right now, its more difficult to order from Aquabid, b/c I haven't done it yet, but once I do, I'll be like oh, that was easy... What's one more?! Lol

Anyone know of any Betta Addicts Anonymous meetings? Lol
You've just described the last 2.5 months of my life!!! lol.....at first it's just looking.....and as soon as you bite the bullet and buy one and see it's actually pretty easy.....well, that's the beginning of the end!

If you hear of a Betta Addicts Anonymous group, let me know!!! lol
Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #28 
NHBettaGirl

How many IAL should I use in my 29 gallon to still be OK for my mystery snails but also good for betta fry?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #29 
Hadoken Kitty

Well, they say one large IAL per gallon. Though honestly I think that's a bit much (especially since I have sooo many plants already), so I just put three to four in my twenty gallon. I use two or three in my breeding tank, though. That's the only time I do one per gallon.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #30 
NHBettaGirl

Tested my betta bowls pH, I have 2 at 7.0 and 2 at 6.8 now since adding IAL tea to them. My big tank was having issues with pH going up no matter what I tried to lower it, a friend pinned it down to the brick in the tank, as the pH went down it dissolved some of the cement brick and caused the pH to bounce up again. Never would have guessed it myself but it seems to be correct. What pH should I be aiming for for the 29 gal which is going to be my grow out tank someday when I have fry to grow out?