Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Do you automatically put AQ salt in new aquarium with new fish?

I was in Petco today and the particular store I was in had some really great fish a majority were healthy and gorgeous. It was hard not leave with more than the two I came home with. I have a small pretty female crowntail with blues and purples and a Delta tail (red) male with small elephant ears and a pearlescent blue body. I think he could have been mis-priced I got him for $6.99! I studied them closely for a long time I could not find any signs of disease. Still I am wondering if I should add some AQ salt for a couple of weeks for insurance.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

Best not to. Excessive use of AQ salt not only makes them less tolerant to it as a medication, but it can damage their kidneys. Only use it (at a rate of 1 tsp per gallon for 10 days) when there is visible external damage.

Congrats on the new fish! :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote