I'm going to start the Triple Sulfa treatment in the morning but have a couple questions:
(1) If I dissolve a package in 10 tsp water and use only 2.5 tsp for my tank, can I then save the rest of the reconstituted triple sulfa for the next dose, or should I make up a fresh packet?
(2) How do I get started - do I need to start with 100% water change before the first dose?
(3) Here's my understanding of the instructions (is this right?):
- Day 1: Add correct dose to the tank
- Day 2: Don't do any water change and add another dose to the tank
- Day 3: Do a 25% water change ad add another dose to the tank
- Day 4: Don't do any water change and add another dose to the tank
- Day 5: Do a 25% water change and use charcoal filter to remove the rest of the medication from the water (alternatively - can I just do a 100% water change on day 5?)
(4) Do I continue to use AQ salt throughout this whole process (1 tsp/gallon)?
Thanks for the help!