Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #11 
valen1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
You can do the same thing with plastic tumblers. You can usually get a set of three or four at walmart for about a dollar. :) My bettas love them. :)

And I stopped using store-bought aquarium plants because I never could find ones that fit my theme...so I did what you did, and just used store-bought silk plants and removed the metal (if any), using aquarium sealant to glue them to stones to keep them "planted". :) It was 8 bucks for aquarium plants...or a dollar for walmart silk plants...anyone can do the math. :)

I've also used salt and pepper shakers as decorations. :) I've got one tank with a frog theme, and I found S&P shaker frogs that worked perfectly, and they're food safe, so they're fish safe as well. :)
I would love to see pics of the plastic tumblers! I googled them but I'm still not quite sure what they are How did you make them sink? suction cups also?
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #12 
Dene

Oh my. I need to go to WalMart. Cae is going to have the best little tank.
Dene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #13 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
I would love to see pics of the plastic tumblers! I googled them but I'm still not quite sure what they are How did you make them sink? suction cups also?
Oh, I just let them float. :) If you wanted them to sink, I'm sure you could aquarium sealant rocks inside (or even just shove some in there) to hold them down, but I was going for the floating log thing. :)
There are some that sink, they're just a different sort of plastic, so that's another option. :)

Here's a generic photo:
http://www.amazon.com/US-acrylic-pla.../dp/B008216CNS

I get them at walmart and the grocery store, and I try to match the colors to the decor in my tanks. :)

I'm on the internet illegally at work right now, but when I get home I'll upload some photos. ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote