Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #1 
Ambergrisblue

New here, but have been lurking

Hi everyone! I finally decided to create an account and participate. :)

I recently purchased 2 bettas a couple of weeks ago and I am so pleased to have fish in my life again. All my life I've had aquariums around, as my dad has always kept multiple aquariums in the home. I learned a lot from observing the fish interacting with each other and it's also a great source of relaxation for me. There is something so beautiful to my eyes about the naturally planted aquarium with happy fish swimming about.

Right now I have a baby betta from petco and an adult male. They are in their own separate aquariums. I am excited to see how the baby will turn out and the male is loving his new planted home. However, the shrimp are bit scared of them so they hide until night so that they can come out and forage.
Ambergrisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your betta purchases!!!!!! We would love to see some photos of them
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #3 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Yes photos would be ver nice!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes, we do like pics if you have them. Lol just in case no one else mentioned it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum

It's nice to have you here.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #6 
Ambergrisblue

I have my betta in a pretty interesting 'tank' right now. It's a 2.5 gallon water container with live aquatic plants and an aerator. It makes water changing easy, just have to turn the spigot! :) There are 4 plants, 1 algae ball, and 2 ghost shrimp. The betta loves swimming around and building his bubble nest. The little baby betta is kept in a vase next to it. There is a moss ball and 2 bamboo. I plan to upgrade the baby's tank here soon as it doesn't have any moving water. I change the water frequently and she/he seems to be enjoying it though. I think the baby is about 5 weeks, maybe less?

Last edited by Ambergrisblue; 03-27-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #7 
Ambergrisblue

Red is happy in his tank. He loves to explore and swim about and responds to my motions. He is very proud/defensive of his territory. I swear that his tail is looking so much more healthier since he has a new home that isn't a cup.

The lid to his tank doesn't sit tightly and an aerator is on at all times. What do you think?

Last edited by Ambergrisblue; 03-29-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #8 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Are your plants live? Sorry if you already said they were I haven't read most of it to refresh my memory. Your tanks need a heater, your one tank is way to small, the one with the bamboo and you betta looks mad sitting in the little cold bowl please consider buying heaters and a bigger tank.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #9 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

The plants look live. That is a pretty small tank, so keep up on the water changes. Two 50% and one 100% weekly. Get a heater too. These are tropical fish.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #10 
Ambergrisblue

Hi there! My plants are live. I have a marimo moss ball, and 4 assorted plants. :) I live in Arizona so our home stays about 78-80 degrees year round. Right now the room temp is 79 indoors and it is 75 outside! Gotta love Arizona. In the winter I will definitely get a heater! We have six months of killer summer out here!

So you think 2.5-3 gallon is small for Red? I am in the process of upgrading to larger tank here soon. I'm looking at a wide twenty gallon and I will put a divider for them both.