Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #42 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Why are you selling your snake?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #43 
Artemis

He's a garter. They are supposed to adore salmon with calcium added and he won't eat it plain and simple. He'll only eat mice and I adore mice and I can't simply stand to feed him that. He has eaten a couple of earthworms but it took me over an hour to gather 4 and I also like worms not to mention gathering is not easy.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #44 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oh. Buy the frozen mice and just don't look at them.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #45 
carbonxxkidd

When I had my garters I fed them night crawlers and feeder fish...they did great!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #46 
bettacrazygirl86

If I weren't going off to college and if my mother would actually allow it, I would get a bearded dragon or a snake. :(
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #47 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
any one who can hold onto a scorpion or tarantula is a brave person in my books. i dont dislike tarantulas though i have a mild fear of being bitten, though the though of dropping them is more pervasive. scorpions are a stronger fear for me on the pointy end of the stinger. it may take a while but i dont know if id be able to own a scorpioneventually.
Oh it took me a while to get the courage up to hold him. He was very aggressive when i got him. But at least with a tarantula if you drop him he will still be again to walk and you can later catch him, BUT if you drop a scorpion they sadly die. no matter the height. VERY sensitive animals.
But I wouldn't consider myself brave. Haha. Just weird xP I'm a desert rat. Dirt biking, quads, rangers. Camping in the desert AT LEAST once a month growing up. Growing up around these kinds of animals makes it a LOT easier to handle them!
But unlike other scorpion owners, I couldn't pick him up by the tail(I find it cruel since it can EASILY injure them) I just stick my hand in his cage and give him a scoot! Their very easy going animals.
Still don't advertise anyone to hold them though. They still have stingers, they still have venom, and their unpredictable(much like any other animal.)
Kittiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #48 
carbonxxkidd

I was always told that a dropping a tarantula is similar to dropping a tomato - SPLAT. Probably depends on the size of the tarantula though, bigger ones being more at risk. I rarely take mine out of her cage because she is so fast and I'm afraid she'll startle me and I'll fling her across the room...lol. She's too precious to have to worry about hurting her!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #49 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I was always told that a dropping a tarantula is similar to dropping a tomato - SPLAT. Probably depends on the size of the tarantula though, bigger ones being more at risk. I rarely take mine out of her cage because she is so fast and I'm afraid she'll startle me and I'll fling her across the room...lol. She's too precious to have to worry about hurting her!
My 4th grade teacher had a tarantula. She would JUMP out of our hands! And let me just say, this girl didn't splat haha. but she was probably the sweetest tarantula I've ever had the pleasure of holding and taking care of(:
Kittiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #50 
carbonxxkidd

That's good to know! I have an arboreal tarantula so with that in mind I guess I could assume she'd be fine since they live in trees...some are bound to fall at one point or another.