Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #1 
jag14

New betta fin problem

Hi,

I just got a new betta yesterday, to replace one that had just passed on. He was the only one that a color pattern that caught my eye. What I am concerned about is that he always holds his tail fins kind of bunched up and doesn't seem like he has a very long tail. A beautiful blue and red pattern when he does hold his tail out and open. Is he maybe young and hasn't developed his fins completely? Or stressed by being put into a new home? BTW, he is in a 5 gallon office tank with plants and decorations. Swims a lot and comes to the front of the tank, seems pretty social for being a new pet. Can't do pics till I get minutes for my phone. Previous betta was a nice blue veiltail-Sapphire- I do miss him. Maybe in a few days, my new little boy will look better.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #2 
caissacrowntails

not all bettas have long tails..he may be a PK, or...are u sure that it's a "he"? :)
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #3 
jag14

I could be wrong. The cups were somewhat rearranged where I got the critter at. The lower and upper fins are fairly long. It's just the tail he holds funny. Thought crossed my mind about a PK. In any case, I've been checking on it frequently today and the tail is being displayed more than it was this morning. May just have needed to get used to the tank. You know how chain pet stores are, their labeling and info is not always accurate.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote