Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #21 
White Mage

if I got 2 of those tables, and put them right next to each other, do you think it would hold a 20g? The middle would have extra support from 4legs right there, lol.

I ask because I remembered the plugs closest to ym dresser are BEHIND the dresser, and I wouldn't be able to move it plug in/unplug things during water changes...
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #22 
Xaltd1

If you can find a piece of wood to span the 2 tables, it would be a good reinforcement. Again, Home Depot will cut someting for you, but they have a "project board" section of pre-cut plywood. Then, get a pretty tableclothe to cover the whole thing (you can stash all your aquarium supplies underneath).
I do think that dresser would be a perfect stand for a 20 gal.

Full disclosure: I have my 29-gallon on a ancient butcher-block table that my parents had. It must be 100+ years old. (I have it covered with a table cloth) My 10 gallon spawn tank is on a 1920's Queen Anne sideboard. My 10-gal divided male tank is on an Ikea table.
Can you tell I'm a divorcee? I used to use the buffet table & butcher block for what they were meant for! My ex would have flipped if I got fish- they wouldn't have fit into his concept of the upper-crust lifesyle he wanted. (He remarried a woman with $$ the minute the ink on the divorce papers was dry!) I love my fish. They have more personality than ex.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #23 
White Mage

yeah I'll just use the dresser. Simple answer to plug issue: buy a strip center/surge protector with long cord xD
Old 03-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #24 
White Mage

I got the table yesterday! GREAT DEAL. It's very sturdy and hols up well. I moved the tank onto it.. I'll post pics later when I'm not in a hurry D:

They also had a 2pack of strip plugs for $6.99. Now I have enough plugs for the new sorority! Will buy some sort of 20g kit on Friday.. not sure which to get yet .-. lol
Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #25 
Xaltd1

My 29-gal came w/a kit, then I wound up buying a larger filter, adjustable heater, and another hood! I wanted a filter that was more powerful (up to 50 gal) and one that was adjustable. I just wasn't happy with what it came with, but that's just me.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote