Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #1 
JJChocolate88

In Loving Memory of My Betta College Buddy

When I went to college, I had a hard time adjusting. I only had a few friends and stayed in my apartment bored, but when my mother gave me my male betta fish to liven up my apartment, things got better.

He was a blue, crowntail betta who was very smart and entertaining. I named him after a popular Biblical figure and I kept him in a Betta bowl with a water conditioner, fed him twice a day, changed the water regularly and got him a leaf hammock.

When I went home for the holidays, I would transport my betta in a little cup and take him with me on the train, then when I got home I'd put him in a spare bowl that I had.

It seems silly, but I really got attached to the little guy. He would swim back and forth and whenever I came up to his bowl, he would swim to the glass and look at me. He'd follow my finger back and forth and he made beautiful bubble nests.

I had him for 2 years before he died at my parents house over a Thanksgiving break.

RIP to my little college buddy. My first ever Betta fish and a truly unique fish!
JJChocolate88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #2 
Agility4fun

So sorry JJ.

You did a great job taking care of him to have him so long.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #3 
JJChocolate88

thank you :)
Old 03-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #4 
konstargirl

I'm so sorry buddy. :(
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #5 
dormbettafishery

Awwee, I feel ya there. Sorry for your loss. My little college buddy just passed this morning. I had her for a year in a half. Found her cuddled in-between the plant leaves this morning. I had done exactly what you did: water changes, feeding, transportation...etc. The day before she was chipper and swimming around, but at the end of the day she was sinking to the bottom of the tank. I stayed up a little while to spend some time with her before I went to sleep. (Her tank's right next to my bed.) I knew it was coming...had seen the signs before...

On a cheerier note,
They are an absolute joy to have in college. Some people say fish are just fish, but they really do have their own individual personalities. It's not silly at all. :)
dormbettafishery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #6 
JJChocolate88

thank you for the condolences konstagirl

dormfish,

I am sorry you lost your fish this morning. I agree they do have their own personalities. it reminds you that fish are living creatures too and not just decor to enhance the environment.