Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #1 
larisa5656

Aqueon Minibow filter

Hello all,

I currently have an 2.5 gallon Aqueon minibow tank with a filter included. Recently, the filter stopped working and nothing I do (cleaning it, changing the filter cartridge) gets it going again. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to solve it? Or, in case I can't get the filter to start up again, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative filter?

Thanks!
larisa5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #2 
kimt

I decided to leave my minibow 2.5 unfiltered. The current is too much for my elephant ear betta and it didn't make for any less water changes for me. With or without the filter, I was doing 1 50% water change and 1 100% water change a week. I did my half water changes today and left the filter out.

I have the whisper 3i in my 3 gallon tank with my crowntail and it is a decent filter. It creates a bit of a current but it doesn't seem to bother the crown tail.
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #3 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by larisa5656 View Post
Hello all,

I currently have an 2.5 gallon Aqueon minibow tank with a filter included. Recently, the filter stopped working and nothing I do (cleaning it, changing the filter cartridge) gets it going again. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to solve it? Or, in case I can't get the filter to start up again, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative filter?

Thanks!
maybe the propellor died or got jammed.
since it is not working, you can probably take it apart and see the mechanics of it (I would just to be curious), and sometimes you can get replacement parts.

this is just an example of the parts and the MBT pump design structure is not the same but it still has a propeller:

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/produc...ible-pumps.htm

Last edited by Otterfun; 03-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #4 
bluefishy75

My filter on my minibow is a little finicky, sometimes after a water change I have to take the bottom off and remove the propeller and put it right back in to get it running properly again.
bluefishy75 is offline   Reply With Quote